Author Topic: Alice Brady Emmigration Help  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Franlynch

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alice Brady Emmigration Help
« on: Saturday 23 October 10 16:24 BST (UK) »
Hello - I am looking for information on an Alice Brady and her brothers James (1892), thomas (1893) and John (1895) who may have emmigrated to America.  I do not have a DOB for Alice but her parents were John and Mary Brady (nee burke) and her other sister Rose was born in 1890 so i am guessing that Alice would have been born around the time between 1890 to 1895 or 1 year prior or after.  sorry i don't have more information but still hope that someone can help. the family were from Cavan area
Thanks in advance
Fran

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Alice Brady Emmigration Help
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 October 10 16:39 BST (UK) »
When was the latest you know they were in Ireland?  Have you tried checking the passenger lists at www.ellisisland.org? 

Offline Franlynch

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 October 10 17:01 BST (UK) »
i found an Alice Brady travelling in 1912 aged 24 but could not find out who she was with, if indeed she was with someone - i did not check for her brothers.
I know nothing about their time in Ireland, I don't know what they did or anything, sorry.

Offline Franlynch

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 October 10 17:09 BST (UK) »
I was wrong about Cavan, even though the family were originally from there their parents were married and living in Ruan, I have found Thomas, now to try for the others.

Offline Franlynch

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 October 10 18:38 BST (UK) »
Hi, I found records for Thomas and john but not James - what's the best way to procede with this to find out where they went to in usa, did they marry and have children - I don't know how to go forward

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 23 October 10 19:18 BST (UK) »
What did you find?  If it's a passenger list, the next page of the manifest might say where they were going and/or who they were going to join.  If you give us the information that you found, perhaps someone could find something.

Offline Franlynch

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 23 October 10 19:50 BST (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0a5z/

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0a60/

I can't seem to go to the next page - perhaps I am doing something wrong.
This is what I got for thomas and john, Alice (birthyear unknown) and James (1892) i can't find.
As stated earlier, I believe Alice must have been born sometime between 1890 and 1895 (dates of youngest and eldest child in family). thanks for your help.

Moderator Comment: URL modified, as it was 'stretching' the screen
See tips here, to avoid this:

Topic: Shrinking Very Long Website Links / Topic: Post too W--I--D--E!

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 23 October 10 20:11 BST (UK) »
Generally, you can click where it says 'View Original Ship Manifest' and see the actual list, but the wrong ship's list seems to be coming up for me for them. 

Online shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 23 October 10 20:24 BST (UK) »
I found Thomas' passenger list elsewhere and it says he was going to join Cousin M.(?) Dillon, 40 West 17 Street, New York.

On John's passenger list, it looks like he's traveling with a cousin named Annie Ryan, and they were going to join Annie's sister/John's cousin Mrs. Chas. Fredericks, 651 West 130 St., New York.  Annie was age 16 and the daughter of Michael Ryan of Ruan.  There's a notation that says something about John having a scar on his left jaw.  There are markings that indicate that Annie was later seeking naturalization, possibly around 1941.  It looks like Annie & John were detained until Annie's cousin/John's sister Mara or Nara Ryan of 526 W. 130 St., New York City came to get them.