Author Topic: BOWDEN - NSW, VIC, SA & QLD  (Read 16302 times)

Offline ashleighn19

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BOWDEN - NSW, VIC, SA & QLD
« Reply #45 on: Monday 01 November 10 05:20 GMT (UK) »
when i look up the birth on NSW BDM the father is listed as Samuel.
Names: Chesson, Williams, Blowes, Bowden, Bowman, Bray, Cooper, Crawford, James, Wellington, Wheton.

Locations: South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, England, Scotland, Ireland

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 01 November 10 05:42 GMT (UK) »
does anyone have any ideas where to find Samuel and Annie's deaths? Like i said in my original post :

I have tried looking for other children born to the couple in NSW with no result, and the same in Victoria. I cannot find either in the Victorian BDM lists and when I look up the NSW ones I get results, but the only Annie died in Tumut while all the Samuels seem to perish in the Tamworth/Gunnedah area.
thanks!
ASHLEIGH

The helpers have been working towards answering the questions in your original post for you and all understand what you have been hoping to find, I'm sure.

If the deaths had been immediately obvious, they would probably have been spotted by now.

A lot has been discovered for you including MARIA, the other daughter, and some  details of other  offspring.

The ancestoral trail can be a  long and twisted one.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 01 November 10 06:17 GMT (UK) »
The possible directions you could take to find more information are...

Purchase a copy of the marriage certificate for SAMUEL SIMPSON BOWDEN & ANN REECE in Bristol Eng from

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

This hopefully will give you Annie’s parents’ names, so a search in Australia for her death may be more possible.

Purchase the Birth Certificate for MARIA BOWMAN -Reply #1 this thread. As well as parental details, it will list other births to her parents before hers and perhaps help to clarify the parents’ movements through some definite dates.

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/howToTraceYouFamTree.htm#TranscriptionAgent

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 01 November 10 06:37 GMT (UK) »
I am wondering if Samuel died and  the Annie remarried could  David be the stepfather's name.

I  just wonder why she said his name was David on her marriage certificate.

After all she knew her mthers maiden name??
Jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline ashleighn19

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Monday 01 November 10 07:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jenn,

I guess it is possible, but what are the chances that she re-married someone with the same surname?

From what I've found Samuel didn't have a brother named David, so who knows. Maybe he took on a new name and thats why I cant find him? I looked him up in NSW, QLD and Vic but could not find anything that matched... maybe SA has something?

Sue: I've just ordered the birth cert for Clara Bowman who is my direct ancestor. since I believe her to be the last born it made more sense as it may have details of Maria's birth and the reverse would not be true.

I do appreciate all the help I am recieving, I just get a bit lost over what ground has already been covered.

Ash
Names: Chesson, Williams, Blowes, Bowden, Bowman, Bray, Cooper, Crawford, James, Wellington, Wheton.

Locations: South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland, England, Scotland, Ireland

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 01 November 10 07:33 GMT (UK) »
From  the information on Clara's marriage certificate did her place of birth and age  line up with  the birth found for Clara?

thanks Jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline ashleighn19

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 01 November 10 07:41 GMT (UK) »
It almost does..

The marriage was on the 26th of March 1892 - According to the certificate she was born in Sydney NSW and was 23 at the time of her marriage. This would make her birth approx 1869..

The only Bowden (I Tried different spellings too) that is registered in Sydney under the name Clara is the one I have.. born in 1867. The dates are so close I'm sure that I have the right one...

Ash

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Monday 01 November 10 08:19 GMT (UK) »
It sure is getting complicated.  Did you tell us where Clara's wedding took place?  Thought there might be a mention on a local newspaper if it was in the country - especially as her husband's dather was a 'gentleman'.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ashleighn19

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Monday 01 November 10 08:45 GMT (UK) »
Judith, they were married in Echuca.. I'm going to have a good look on Trove when I get home from work so let's hope I find something!