Author Topic: David Howell, born abt 1835 Llannon  (Read 4775 times)

Offline eac61

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: David Howell, born abt 1835 Llannon
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 20 November 10 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Llannon is in Carmarthenshire and Llanon is in Cardiganshire. I wonder if way back the one in Carmarthenshire had one 'n'. So confusing!!    :(

There is a David Howell born June Q 1838 Llanelly which includes Llannon (Free Bmd 26 524).. that fits with the wedding cert .....

I have found with my ancestors that the ages are all over the place on census returns ... it could be them confused how old they are or it could be a bad transcription??

I realised after I sent the last reply that they were both in different counties (duh - how stupid I am !  :-[ )

Working it on the theory that David Howell snr is the one that was married to Elizabeth in the 1861 and 1871 census the next mystery is thatI cannot find a census record for 1841 or 1851 which would have shown David born abt 1838 on them .... I am wondering whether Elizabeth is the second wife ?
Powell - Ton Pentre
Phillips - Llwynypia
Howell - Llannon/Llwynypia/Cardiff/Pennsylvania,USA
Ungoeds - Llannon,Carmarthenshire/Australia

Offline bevans1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 24 December 10 16:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi

How are you?

Ann Ungoed was born 1st Jan 1841, Rhymney, Mon. Her father was John Ungoed  born abt 1803 at Llannon near Llanelli.

John was one of 7 children born to William Ungoed and his wife Mary (nee Edward). They farmed at Penderrywell farm, Llannon.

Regards

Bevans1 :)

Offline eac61

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 24 December 10 17:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi

How are you?

Ann Ungoed was born 1st Jan 1841, Rhymney, Mon. Her father was John Ungoed  born abt 1803 at Llannon near Llanelli.

John was one of 7 children born to William Ungoed and his wife Mary (nee Edward). They farmed at Penderrywell farm, Llannon.

Regards

Bevans1 :)

Hi

Thanks for info - David Howell was also from Llannon - coincidental or what ?  Wondered how you come across the info - are you researching the tree ?

EAC
Powell - Ton Pentre
Phillips - Llwynypia
Howell - Llannon/Llwynypia/Cardiff/Pennsylvania,USA
Ungoeds - Llannon,Carmarthenshire/Australia

Offline bevans1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 24 December 10 18:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I thought that you may be the lady I was in touch with a while ago. Researching the same people i.e. Powell, Howell, Ungoed and USA.

I put you in touch with Kris W. Yes I have been researching the Ungoed tree.

Perhaps you would be willing to get in touch directly?

Regards

bevans1