Author Topic: samuel HOGGARD, Budby  (Read 14102 times)

Offline purplejulian

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: samuel HOGGARD, Budby
« Reply #45 on: Monday 18 July 11 11:15 BST (UK) »
in fact there's a whole bunch of Hoggards born and dying in Edwinstowe who don't seem to be related to our Hoggards at all .. they start with a Richard Hoggard born 1692, ending with the second William's family, one at least, a Samuel, dying in Edwinstowe in the 1850's with no links on this tree in ancestry.co.uk .. maybe I can push that a bit further .. not so far.

so - 1851 census
has our John (blacksmith) and Ann aged 64 and 62, living with son Charles (blacksmith), daughter in law Ann and their children Sarah, William, Samuel, Hannah, and Maria, in Blyth, which is about 12 miles from Budby.
1841 census has the same family in Blyth, written as Haggard, one child, Sarah, aged 1
1861 same family group in Blyth,  John now 77, Charles children Sarah 21, Maria 11, and John 5. but on this census it gives his birth place as Edwinstowe .. then I have somewhere that he died in 1871, so not on that census
1871 Charles Hoggard in Blyth, blacksmith has only Samuel with him, it says 17 on the translation, but I read it as 27, since he was in the 1851 census as under 10.
you have to be careful because this Charles has a doppelganger in Worksop married to Elizabeth with a son Sam.
phew! that took a couple of hours out of my morning's work  ... good thing I am self-employed ..

Offline HomewardGenealogy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 18 July 11 12:07 BST (UK) »
Apologies for not responding but purplejulian has filled me in. I too am a relative.

We are so happy to find information about Lily Hoggard.

Red

great to be in contact !  let me know (private messqge) if you want to be put in touch with my cousin galen (i'm guessing your 3rd cousin), and a descendant of lily

Offline purplejulian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 18 July 11 17:49 BST (UK) »
furthermore, re Mrs Ann Hoggard in Budby, laundress, she's there in 1844 according to the directory of that year, as is a Mrs Mary Armstrong. so I'm not convinced about her being Ann Armstrong who married John Hoggard.

Offline Red Ash

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 18 July 11 18:35 BST (UK) »
Apologies for not responding but purplejulian has filled me in. I too am a relative.

We are so happy to find information about Lily Hoggard.

Red

great to be in contact !  let me know (private messqge) if you want to be put in touch with my cousin galen (i'm guessing your 3rd cousin), and a descendant of lily

Yes, I would like to be put in touch with your cousin.  I was not sure how to find private message.....

Offline HomewardGenealogy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Monday 25 July 11 13:35 BST (UK) »
hi red ash
at the very top, where it says welcome - it should say "you have X messages" - thats where the private message is  :)
i've sent you a message there with your cousins details.

cheers