Author Topic: BINGHAM FAMILY  (Read 5921 times)

Offline Palmira

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BINGHAM FAMILY
« on: Wednesday 08 June 11 12:35 BST (UK) »
How can I access info on a family of Isaac and Emma BINGHAM,believed to have resided in Drogheda, Co MEATH c 1883.

The death of Rebecca Jane HELMAN aged 11 years occurred in Drogheda on 13 February, 1883 and Emma BINGHAM (her sister) was present at the death.

I have the D/C for Rebecca, but am trying to establish whereabouts of other HELMAN children viz Richard aged 15 and James Henry 13 to see if they, too were with their sister as the parents had died in 1874/5.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

PALMIRA
HELMAN, MATTERS, MILES, BOWER. MORTIMER, ELDRIDGE, EDEN, PENWILL, BENNETT, HILL

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: BINGHAM FAMILY
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 June 11 12:54 BST (UK) »
It's not usually easy to locate people between the times of the usual primary sources - e.g. Births/deaths/marriages and possibly the census returns

Do you know any details on the later lives of Richard and James  ?

Bingham is not a common surname in Ireland, so any you find could possibly be connected..

see related tread : Kilquade Death Puzzle.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 June 11 13:05 BST (UK) »
There are no Binghams on the 1901 census in Co. Meath, but there are some in Co. Louth, that might be worth following up - see : link   (parts of Drogheda are in Louth)

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Palmira

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 June 11 13:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks again.

My BINGHAMS were in Malahide, Dublin in 1901 and in Milford in Co Donegal all through the 1890s,and in Ravensdale Road, near East Street, Dublin in 1905. They too, emigrated to Australia in 1909.

Ken

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 08 June 11 13:31 BST (UK) »
How can I access info on a family of Isaac and Emma BINGHAM,believed to have resided in Drogheda, Co MEATH c 1883.

The death of Rebecca Jane HELMAN aged 11 years occurred in Drogheda on 13 February, 1883 and Emma BINGHAM (her sister) was present at the death.

as a matter of interest does the cert actually give the address as Co. Meath ?

The reason I ask is the town of Drogheda was historically split between counties Meath and Louth. The boundaries were redrawn in 1898 or so.. and all Drogheda became part of Louth

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline Palmira

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 09 June 11 01:33 BST (UK) »
Shane,

D/C says place of death March (town) Drogheda, and all other references say Drogheda, Co Meath.

Regards

PALMIRA  Ken

Offline finians

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 10 June 11 03:48 BST (UK) »
Drogheda is situated in both County Louth and County Meath.  Traditionally St.Peter's serviced the Louth side of town and St.Mary's the Meath side of town but that's no longer the case. 

In my own research I have seen peoples place of birth written as County Meath but it turns out that they lived in the town of Drogheda but on a street that was "deemed" to be in Drogheda, County Meath or more importantly within the parish of St.Mary's.

Good Luck.
Wendy
Curran, McVeigh, Cunningham, Sillery, Martin, Bannon, Cassidy, Cruise, Tracey, Whelan

Concentrated in the Drogheda area and in both Louth and Meath