Author Topic: Kinvigs...  (Read 5810 times)

Offline Miss nosy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kinvigs...
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 August 16 21:40 BST (UK) »
Hi all I have been doing my family tree for a couple of months now and my 3rd great grandma was called Margaret kinrig/kinvig can't read the writing properly she married a William radcliffe he was born around 1817 in arbory Isle of man...do you have any extra info it would be much appreciated. Thanx Andrea...

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 11 August 16 22:08 BST (UK) »
Could this be her burial?

11th August 1847
Arbory, Isle of Man
Margaret Raddcliffe or Kinvig, age 90
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Forthefamily

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Annie Bonner nee Bradley 1913-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 12 August 16 15:16 BST (UK) »
Hi all I have been doing my family tree for a couple of months now and my 3rd great grandma was called Margaret kinrig/kinvig can't read the writing properly she married a William radcliffe he was born around 1817 in arbory Isle of man...do you have any extra info it would be much appreciated. Thanx Andrea...

Yes she is in the family tree that I have worked on for some time now. She is my husband's 1st cousin 4x's removed  ;D

I have a family tree on Ancestry.uk called The Tate Family Tree......http://person.ancestry.co.uk/tree/3397183/person/6908975872/facts

Margaret married William Radcliffe on 04 Nov 1843 in Arbory.

Her parents were Thomas Kinvig and Jane Quayle. Thomas' parents were William Kinvig @ 1737 m to Margaret Juke in 1768.

I found the following Radcliffe children for Margaret and William: William abt 1844, Thomas abt 1847, Ann abt 1850, James abt 1853, John abt 1856, Jane about 1859, Margaret abt 1861, Mary abt 1863.

Then again I could be wrong but I have been researching the Kinvig lines for some time now. I can get the line back some considerable time.

mab
Census information is Crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Inishowen: Meenamullaghan (Big Hill), Foffenagh (Rock), Illies and area...mainly McCallion, Doherty, Bradley, Grant, Devlin and Lynch.
Kilmacrenan: Gortnacorrib....Bonner
Letterkenny: Bonner
Scotland: Bonar, Boner Bonner etc
Conwal: Kirkstown.....Toner
Derry City: Bonner, McGowan, McGilloway, McElwee, Bradley
Omagh: Bradley
Fanad Penninsular, Donegal.....McBride, Friel, Fielty

Offline potluck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 13 August 16 00:21 BST (UK) »
I see there are a lot of Radcliffe wills on the following site

www.mannincloud.info

I hope this helps.
Also has lots of other Manx info.

Good luck.

Jackie
Sim  -Turriff Aberdeen Scotland, London Eng, Vict  Aust,
Sunley- London England, Nelson Wgtn NZ,
Collins- Ireland, N Plymouth + Wgtn NZ, Robertson -Berwick Scotland, Vict  Aust,
Hamilton - Lanark Scotland, Vict  Aust,
Beck - Leicester England, Vict Aust + Hokitika + Wgtn NZ,
Muncaster -  England, Isle of Man
Kinvig- Isle of Man
Sweetland - Devon London Eng
Cock- Cornwall Eng, NZ
Julian- Cornwall Eng, NZ
Roberts- Eng + NZ
Lorimer- Scotland, Isle of Man, NZ
East- Buckingham Eng
O'Grady- Leeds Eng

Offline Angie22_uk

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 13 August 16 10:13 BST (UK) »
Hi

My KINVIG tree is recorded on my fathers website www.kneen.com sadly my dad passed away in April and I will be taking over the up keep once things have settled

I don't have any other info at the moment

Angie KINVIG Moore ( nee Kneen )

Offline Miss nosy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 18 August 16 00:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much everybody...not been able to get online this week so I will look at all this info properly  Tomoz...thanx again everybody finally some hope I was completely stuck......

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 24 August 16 21:13 BST (UK) »
until 20th century 95% of Kinvigs were in Arbory or Malew with a few in Rushen (the southern parishes of the Island)
www.imuseum.im should help you on most of the parish registers  (tho the marriage reg pre 1729 for Arbory is lost)
I have on my website (www.manxnotebook.com) summarised most 18th C wills - my CD Rom has many more details of their landholding which will be required to really track the families

- A W Moore in his Manx Names (see www,manxnotebook.com) has the earliest date for name of 1641 but there are earlier notes in various records post 1600 - I'm not 100% convinced by his derivation of the name tho
any thing with a Manx Connection