Author Topic: How can I find a lost child?  (Read 8121 times)

Offline Children

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: How can I find a lost child?
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 14 May 05 16:54 BST (UK) »
Hello Helen,

THANKYOU SO VERY,VERY MUCH!!!!! :D

You are just Amazing!
Not only that, you are a Fantastic, Excellent, and a Wonderful Researcher and I am so very Bless to have you.

I just wanted you to know what joy you have brought my husband David and myself.
I have being trying for many years to help my husband find his "Ancestral Tree" but each time I tried I came up empty handed. We never imagine that this would happen.

My husband David, never to knew his Grandparents "Robert George Hargreaves" and "Sarah Louisa (Allen) Hargreaves" nor did he had the opportunity to know his father, as his father died when he was a very small child.
There was no other relatives in whom we could ask.
My husband has no cards, no letters and no photos of his Grandparents, aunts, uncles, or cousins.

No information on husbands genealogy was ever handed down to him except his fathers birth certificate which named his grandparents and the Street where they lived in.
Years later he was told by his mother that his father had a sister who ran away at the age of 13 and nothing more was known of her. David didn't know her name or anything about until now.
His fathers brother who was also named "Robert" went to live in Melbourne, Australia, but died when my David was young.
We also know that somewhere in England David has relatives, but where we don't know.

Like so many other people I had the opportunity to know both my Grandparents. I have also had the privilege to know some of my great aunts and uncles.
Both my parents are enjoying doing their sides of the Family Tree which is like a jigsaw puzzle slowly coming into view.

I believe, knowing where you come from helps to give you an identity of who you are. My husband has never had the privilege of knowing his fathers side of the family, until now.

I am sorry I had not replied to your emails before this but David and I have being away on a short holiday for a much needed break, that is why I haven't been on line.

When I read your reply Helen I had tears running down my face I could not believe all the information that you had accumulated and put together for us. I just wanted to give you a Big Hug and to let you know how just how very thankful and grateful we are to you. You have enriched our lives, especially my husband David.

Thankyou once again and until next time Take Care

Love Wendy

Offline M.T.H

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 14 May 05 17:06 BST (UK) »
How moving Wendy,

I'm sooo pleased for you and David,what a great result!

Good luck,be happy,Mick ;)
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

British Military History

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 14 May 05 20:50 BST (UK) »

Gosh I feel really teary, Wendy and David we are all really, really pleased for you.

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 14 May 05 22:11 BST (UK) »
Wendy (and David)

What a fantastic result for you both ;D

It just goes to show how brilliant Rootschat is :D

Jan
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline goggy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 15 May 05 07:53 BST (UK) »
Another crackerjack episode in the annals of Rootschat!!Magnificent!!
                 Happy as a stunned Mullet!!
                                 Goggy.

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 15 May 05 12:35 BST (UK) »
Happy as a stunned Mullet!!

LOL Goggy ;D

Jan ;)
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Paul E

« Reply #24 on: Sunday 15 May 05 21:33 BST (UK) »
Come on, Wendy... where are you? :)

Paul

Sorry Wendy - didn't mean to sound pushy with this posting - having read your post it is such a pleasure to see what Helen achieved for you - and hopefully this sets you on track to move back further.

I think she deserves a couple of extra stars for her debut!! :)

cheers

Paul

Offline helxx

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 15 May 05 22:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Wendy,

I've been away for the week-end and to get back home to such a lovely reply was fantastic!  I'm thrilled to have been able to bring joy to yourself and David.  Your reply was very moving and I really feel for David, not nothing much about his family.

I have to admit, I'm really proud of what I've achieved for you both and to know how much it's appreciated, well it just makes it wonderful.

All the best to both of you and if I can help in any way in the future, don't hesitate to give me a shout.

Take Care
Helen x

PS Oh just remembered.  As Robert wasn't with his wife in 1901, I had a quick search for him last week.  I found a few 'possibles' living as boarders.  They were all 'George Hargreaves' though but he could easily have also used his middle name just like his wife.  I couldn't be sure he was one of them though, as I obviously don't know his year or place of birth.

Paul - Who do I speak to about some extra stars then????  (only joking!!)

Offline goggy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 16 May 05 03:36 BST (UK) »
Lloydy,plenty more where that came from!!
However.That Blue Blood topic got my mind all agitated,not that  there is much to agitate!
Yes,you will know of the Droit De Sieugnor(?),well, there is one explanation of so many claims to Nobility if not Royalty.
Makes one think !
                    Cheers,Goggy ;)