Author Topic: George Henry Wheeler  (Read 3751 times)

Offline Jamieson24

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Henry Wheeler
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 06 September 22 13:39 BST (UK) »
Hi John, Thanks again for your continued help. I have details of my grandmother 's family history as I was involved with genealogists Fraser and Fraser some years ago when a cousin of my mother died intestate. My grandmother's name was Lydia Elizabeth Hannah Taylor and was born on n 09/07/1880. She died circa 1970 in the St Neots area. Possible in the he village of Great Staughton.

Kind regards

john.

Offline rowanali

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 12 May 24 10:48 BST (UK) »
Hello all - this conversation stream stems from an original photo that I posted.  Apologies for being absent for some time.  I need to go through all these posts very carefully, but I think there is confusion about which GHW is which.  The one in the photo is MY great grandfather and I have many other photos of him to prove it.  He was in the Navy (have documents and awards) and then in the coast guard service before leaving to run a pub in Berwick upon tweed.  He married my great grandmother in April 1897 in Ryde (Fanny Cooke), they had 3 daughters - born Robin Hoods Bay and Saltburn. 
There are VERY very many Wheelers around the Isle of Wight (then and now) and presumably lots of George Wheelers, and obviously more than one George Henry Wheeler.  This one died in Berwick on 9th Oct 1946.
The photo is my coast guard/Navy GHW - he is indeed in Navy uniform.  He was recalled to help train the younger men in WW1 - this is when the photo was taken.

Offline hamram64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 20 May 24 02:32 BST (UK) »
Ya got to love AI enhancement.  The original was not very clear, and I don't know how accurate the faces are, but it looks great.

Offline rowanali

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 20 May 24 08:57 BST (UK) »
Would be fabulous if it was accurate.  It’s hard to tell as the other photos I have of him are from different ages and he isn’t as ‘puffy’.
Thanks for doing it though