Author Topic: Death - Orange NSW - William BURTON  (Read 24201 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Death - Orange NSW - William BURTON
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 14 September 11 03:50 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

From the good work of Judith, I follow up with
V18541876 42A/1854 James JENNER, parents: ISAAC, PHILIA  (Judith) This would be James Jenner born 27 June 1854, christening 28 Jan 1855 at St Peter, Armidale to Isaac and Philis Jenner (familysearch online index)

V18551949 42A/1855 Anne S JENNER, parents: ISAAC, PHILADELPHIA (Judith)
This would be Anne Sarah Jenner, born 4 Oct 1855, christening 4 Nov 1855 at St Peter, Armidale to Isaac and Philadelphia Jenner. (familysearch online index)

I have looked but have not been able to find any further confirming information about the others, sorry.

BUT, I wonder who were the parents for this wee babe ...

Handford Jenner, age 0 d o d 25 Feb 1855, burial place “Campas Downs” buried 26 Feb 1855. (family search index) which would be NSW BDM index V1855 line 165, Vol 43A

By the way, Vol 43A should be C of E as per NSWSRO’s Short Guide 4 – Attorney General and Justice : Registers of births, deaths and marriages “....Vols. 1 – 44 Church of England ....”

And, to further confuse, that same year, in that same volume 43A, line 967  there’s likely a burial for William Jenner, age 57.

I think there’s a need to obtain some transcripts of the various certificates.  But as to which would provide the most number of clues ....  well, that will call for some more pondering, but usually the civil registrations (those without the “V” reference) should give greater depth and hopefully give a nee name for some of these mothers  ..

I think I would be much less confused, if the NSW BDM had separated their ECR online indexes into separate indexes for baptisms, and for burials and for weddings, and that they had included their district codes on those baptisms and burials (NSW BDM already includes it on the ECR weddings) AND in particular I really really wish that NSW BDM had not included any ECR in their indexes for the civil registrations for births, deaths, marriages...    ::)  Sorry everyone,  ::) if I pull thinking cap down any further it will be covering my eyes ...

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 14 September 11 04:03 BST (UK) »
Good finds JM.

I am now 50/50 whether there are two men Isaac and James or just the one using the different forenames. Very few records available for a james while there is lots for isaac.

I would think getting the marriage cert for the daughter Susan may be the best one to start with.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 14 September 11 04:42 BST (UK) »
There is this chap - from Australian Convict Transportation Registers – Other Fleets & Ships, 1826-1828.  Unforutantely no info is recorded next to his name on the image.  :(

James JENNER
Vessel: Marquis of Huntley
Convicted Date: 2 Jan 1826, Voyage Date: 10 May 1826
Colony: New South Wales
Place of Conviction: Kent, England
This chap is on a muster in 1837 with age given as 27 so born abt 1800.

and this one (New South Wales and Tasmania, Australia Convict Musters, dated 1837_

James JENNER
Arrival Date: 1834, New South Wales
Vessel: Henry Tanner
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1786
This one received a pardon dated 1846-1849, listed as James Smith JENNER

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 14 September 11 04:47 BST (UK) »
Yes, a transcript of the 1878 m.c. would be a good starting point, my fingers are crossed that NSW BDM records show that particular m.c. it has been reconciled fully, and thus include ALL the vital family history info about the bride, and her parentage.

I agree too that there's the possibility that James and Isaac could well be one and the same *** .... it was permitted to be enrolled at any location, eg as a leaseholder or freeholder of land in two or more locations... I think it was known as "plurality of enrollments", it defaults back to the concept of property qualifications for electors.  (no females on these pre federation NSW rolls).   If only the maiden name/s for Mrs Philadelphia/Philis/Philia Jenner etc were to be found on an online NSW index.   ::)

*** afterall, there's also a bp for a William Jenner, born 8 Oct 1842, bp 13 Nov 1842 at St Peter, Campbelltown NSW (not to be confused with St Peter, Armidale NSW) with parents recorded as James and Philadelphia Jenner (familysearchorg) which hopefully would be NSW BDM Vol 26A and line 1249 of 1842

Red post ... Oh Judith, not more James Jenner chaps, the one receiving a pardon well it should be findable in NSW SRO, and there should be a physical description on that pardon ...  

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 14 September 11 05:50 BST (UK) »
It had run through my mind that perhaps Isaac and James are the same person.
I need to list the births to get them straight in my own mind!  ::)
JENNER Births:
V18531605 56/1853    Ann JENNER, parents: JAMES, PHILADELPHIA
V18541876 42A/1854  James    JENNER, parents: ISAAC,  PHILIA   
V18551949 42A/1855  Anne S JENNER, parents: ISAAC,    PHILADELPHIA
4119/1857               Eliza JENNER, parents: ISAAC, PHILADELPHIA, reg ARMIDALE  
4271/1858               Isaac JENNER, parents ISAAC, PHILADELPHIA, reg at ARMIDALE
10505/1859               George JENNER, parents:  JAMES, PHILIDELPHIA, reg    ORANGE
4392/1860               Daniel JENNER, parents: ISAAC, PHILADELPHIA, reg  ARMIDALE
4495/1863               Edward T JENNER   ,parents: ISAAC, PHILADELPHIA, reg ARMIDALE     
And, perhaps, Sarah perhaps 1862
And then these two  ???
4763/1864   Caroline JENNER, parents: ISAAC, PHILLIS, reg ARMIDALE     
4800/1866    Barbara JENNER, parents: ISAAC, PHILLIS, reg ARMIDALE, Died 1867, reg Armidale

AND another birth:

Christening:

JENNA CAROLINE 1851 #V185136 56
Parents: JAMES & PHILADELPHIA
Parish: Bathurst; Hill End, Wesleyan Methodist

This birth is before Isaac & Philia arrived in 1853.

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 14 September 11 06:05 BST (UK) »
There is this chap - from Australian Convict Transportation Registers – Other Fleets & Ships, 1826-1828.  Unforutantely no info is recorded next to his name on the image.  :(

James JENNER
Vessel: Marquis of Huntley
Convicted Date: 2 Jan 1826, Voyage Date: 10 May 1826
Colony: New South Wales
Place of Conviction: Kent, England
This chap is on a muster in 1837 with age given as 27 so born abt 1800.

This James JENNER died in 1841:

JENNER James - Marquis of Huntley (1) - 1841 TOL Holder - Police Office - Died while under sentence 1841.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 14 September 11 06:27 BST (UK) »
However George JENNER's death (1932, Millthorpe) lists parents as James and Philadelphia.   #21 JUDITH

GEORGE JENNER at Millthorpe Cem with wife EVA ELIZABETH and son HERBERT.

Per #11

Still only one PHILADELPHIA JENNER death located.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 14 September 11 06:33 BST (UK) »

This James JENNER died in 1841:

JENNER James - Marquis of Huntley (1) - 1841 TOL Holder - Police Office - Died while under sentence 1841.

Agh .... and his date of burial 19/01/1841 as per  NSW SRO Convict Death Index which also give District/Parish: Police office Metro.

I speculate .... could William Jenner born 1842 at Campbelltown and Caroline Jenner born 1851 at Hill End be siblings,   perhaps children of the chap b 1786 ....

Cheers,  JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 14 September 11 06:47 BST (UK) »
From Sands NSW Country Alpha Directory 1903 .... these are all JENNER entries found in that directory
E, butcher, Lismore
George W, Coach and carriage trimmer, Wickham
S.M., cordial manufacturer, Campbelltown
Mrs W, General Store, Peak Kill

Sands NSW Country Alpha but for 1905
Same as for 1903, with ONE exception ....  Mrs W is not listed ....  ;)

Same Dir but for 1909
E, butcher, North Lismore,
Geo W, Coach and carriage trimmer, Wickham
H, General Store, Wyong
Herbert, postmaster, Taragla
S.M. cordial maker, Campbelltown

And ditto but 1914
Mrs A, nurse, Lismore
E.D, Manager, Lismore Butchering Co Ltd, Lismore
Geo W, Coach & carriage trimmer, Wickham
S.M., produce merchant, Campbelltown

Alas, no Philadelphia ...

Cheers,  JM