Author Topic: # 32 Reply summary of family = HART P J & Corcoran M NSW Australia  (Read 32344 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: # 32 Reply summary of family = HART P J & Corcoran M NSW Australia
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday 06 March 12 09:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi JM

Thank you for that information re Margaret Corcoran's age at marriage, it is a more likely age.

MayHem

That info is from Jamison's post after Jamison purchased the image of Mary Ann's birth certificate, and as I understand it, there has not yet been any sighting of Margaret Corcoran's marriage certificate.  It is simply by deduction that you could estimate Margaret's age at marriage.

As you hold the transcript for Margaret's death cert, and your post shows it has her age at death as 83, then perhaps you may need to purchase the actual certificate to establish your own reading of that recorded age at death, and confirm the alternation as to the spelling of her maiden surname.

Cheers, JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday 06 March 12 11:27 GMT (UK) »
I was also concerned about the difference in ages on the two documents.  A 20 year difference is way beyond "tweaking" your age.  I would purchase a transcription of the full death cert for Margaret and tell them that there is an issue with her age when you place your order.

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/howToTraceYouFamTree.htm#TranscriptionAgent

Am I right in thinking that you don't have a death for Patrick?

I don't know if it has been mentioned whether or not they were Catholic, but if they were it would also be a good idea to chase up the Inglewood/Longwood church records for Mary Ann's baptism.  Sponsors were often close family members. You may find a record of the other children at the same time.

Debra  :)

Offline jamison

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday 07 March 12 09:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chatters

Thanks so much for all the help and info.

I think that, and l am sure May Hem will agree, we need some time to chase up leads.

We will summarise the info we have and then put it her for all to look at and possibly add more
suggestions as to what to do and where to look.

Regards

Jamison

Offline May Hem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday 07 March 12 09:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chatters and Jamison

I'm still recovering from the big hole knocked in our family research and old records!
I am also very grateful to you all for your contributions.

I agree about the pause while I do some of my own homework.
The Hart/Corcoran problem is the switching and spelling of names.
My new contact from the Richard Hart/Harding family has suggested that I brief him on our Hart/Corcoran material to check if there is any pertinent material amongst their old family files which may be of help to us. He has a lot of documents dating back to the 1800s.
There has always been knowledge (but not openly discussed) in our family about the alleged Steve Hart connection, and real friendships with the LLoyds.
I will revert as soon as I have anything new to offer.

best regards
MayHem ( I think I caused it yesterday!)

Offline jamison

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Sunday 11 November 12 17:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello May Hem

How are you ?

Have you been able to find any further info on their convict records etc...

Jamison

Offline May Hem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 14 November 12 01:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jamison,

From memory, I think we had settled on the Patrick Hart who died in Parramatta Mental Asylum, buried in Rookwood cemetery, Sydney.
He seemed to be the most likely candidiate, but we could not be absolutely sure it was him because the DC details were vague.

The Steve Hart descendants have not been able to find any connection at all with our Hart ancestors.
Interestingly a book, Eureka, written by Peter Fitzsimmons, has just been released re the Eureka Stockade which occurred in the 1850s in the area where our Patrick Hart and his family were living. I wondered whether Patrick had been part of that rebellion.

I recall telling you that one of MAHs children, Charles Arthur,  stayed with a Day family after he came out of the orphanage.
I think we are very distantly related because you have not only Hart but also Day connections.
Charles never discussed the family history matter with his own children, he was so young when put in the orphanage.
It was 100 years later before my uncles found his descendants and told them about their ancestry.

We have decided that all the Harts were living below subsistence level, very tragic marginal lives, unlike most new settlers who grasped the opportunities which abounded in those times. So we have relinquished pursuit of tracing all their whereabouts. We were not able to find MAH's grave or her mother's in Narrandera or surrounding cemeteries, so we assume they lie in unmarked graves. Elizabeth Owens and many of her children lie in unmarked graves also.
I did receive a copy of Elizabeth's marriage certificate from St Patrick's Church Albury.

If by chance I happen upon something new, I will share it with you.

best regards
May Hem

Offline jamison

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Thursday 15 November 12 12:21 GMT (UK) »
May Hem

Thanks for the reply to my post.

Just a few question

- Who did Elizabeth marry ?
- Was it James middleton ?

Cheers

Jamison

Offline May Hem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Thursday 15 November 12 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jamison

Sorry my mistake, you are quite correct, it was James Owens, I did not check my files beforehand.
Do you copies of all the certificates? Please advise.
I feel I know all those families as I have actually been on all those properties where they once lived.
I suspect some of them may have lived in tents, and worked between the stations.

Sorry I cannot add more, they all seem to have had very hard and short lives.
We ancestors are very lucky in comparison.

best regards
May Hem

Offline jamison

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Thursday 15 November 12 21:23 GMT (UK) »
May Hem

Thanks for the quick response.
What certs. do you have ?
Maybe l can copy them for you - from what l have.
Cheers
Jamison