Author Topic: Mary Ann Goodwin b.1892 Cefn Mawr  (Read 3993 times)

Offline welshconway

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary Ann Goodwin b.1892 Cefn Mawr
« on: Friday 27 January 12 14:53 GMT (UK) »
Please can someone help me with my great grandmother Mary Ann Goodwin. Mary Ann was known as 'Polly'. She married Norman Lloyd 1912 and had 1 daughter Constance b.1912  Cefn Mawr( I see there are 2 Constance Lloyds.......are they both hers but one died, or are they different people?
Can someone find Mary Ann's family for me (1892 falls after the 1881 and 1881 censuses so I'm stuck)
Any information greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve
Conway of Flintshire, Roberts, Lloyd and Goodwin of Cefn Mawr, Forrest of Lancs, Farmer and Ball of Derby.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Goodwin b.1892 Cefn Mawr
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 January 12 15:14 GMT (UK) »
As far as the two Constance Lloyds,one was a Constance Sylvia Lloyd born in 1911 and the daughter of an Elizabeth Lloyd.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 January 12 15:36 GMT (UK) »
As far as Mary Ann(Polly) Goodwin's parents they appear to be an Edward Goodwin given as born in Cefn Mawr in c 1855 and his wife Susan given as born in c 1858 in Cefn Mawr,according to the 1901 census.

I am looking at a marriage at Ruabon St Mary's in 1877 for Edward on North Wales BMD.The choices are a little tricky,they are a Susannah Davies or a Margaret Susan Lemon.I say tricky as I have often seen such a Susannah shortened to Susan!

The GRO equivalent for the marriage is Apr/May/Jun quarter of 1877,Wrexham District of Denbighshire,Volume 11b,Page 507.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline genechaser

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 27 January 12 15:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Check your personnel messages

Offline welshconway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 27 January 12 17:17 GMT (UK) »
Thanks wrjones and genechaser.
- Glad to discount Constance Sylvia
- I take it the marriage St Mary's of Edward and Susan (Lemon or Davies) makes them Anglican (easier to trace!)  - 1881 gives Edward and Susannah so it must be Susan Davies.

Is there any sign of a possible Edward Goodwin in the 1861 or 1871 census?
Conway of Flintshire, Roberts, Lloyd and Goodwin of Cefn Mawr, Forrest of Lancs, Farmer and Ball of Derby.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 27 January 12 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Whilst I can't find Edward in the 1861 Census,the 1871 Census shows Edward given as born in Cefn Mawr in c 1856.The son of a Francis Goodwin born in Pwllheli Caernarvonshire in c 1833 and his wife Elizabeth given as born in Llandrillo Merionethshire in c 1832.RG10/5652/201/44.

The 1881 Census for Francis and Elizabeth Goodwin,living in "Top of Cefn" is interesting in that it shows Elizabeth's mother,an Elizabeth Jones given as born in  Llandrillo in c 1805 living with the family.RG11/5514/79/44.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 27 January 12 19:33 GMT (UK) »
Following on from my last answer,I have found the marriage on North Wales BMD in 1855 of a Francis Goodwin and an Elizabeth Jones which took place at St Collen Llangollen.The GRO equivalent for this marriage is in the Jan/Feb/Mar quarter of 1855,in the Corwen District of Merionethshire,Volume 11b,Page 541.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline welshconway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 27 January 12 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Thanks a lot....this is fascinating!!

I'm also so thankful you have a correct 1871 census......(I looked on the free one and in 1871 it gives Francis as 30 instead of 38, and Elizabeth 39, and Edward 15....which had me panicking!.....was she a widow etc? but the marriage 1855 and birth of Edward 1856 make sense now).

Thanks again, Steve

(adding to this post) Should I be worried about the 1858 Dolgellau marriage of Francis Goodwin and Elizabeth Matthew/Evans?

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 27 January 12 21:10 GMT (UK) »
If you look at the 1881 Census I gave you can ignore the 1858 marriage!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire