Author Topic: Elizabeth Busher  (Read 4364 times)

Offline clingov1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Busher
« on: Tuesday 12 June 12 18:36 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find information on Elizabeth Busher born in Wexford around 1853 and who married Christopher Locke in Birkenhead, Christopher died tragically young and Elizabeth went on to marry Mr Townsend, I think Elizabeth's father was Peter Busher but cannot find any info re her family tree.
She is liseted as servant to Mr and Mrs Thomelly in Claughton, Birkenhead on one census prior to her marriage, I don't know when or why she came to Birkenhead, on her marriage certificate her father is listed as a stone mason but don't know if he came to Birkenhead or was still in Ireland, any ckues or suggetsions gratefully recieved!  ;)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Busher
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 June 12 18:40 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth was born before the start of civil birth records in 1864, so you will need to check for a baptism for her. To do this you need to know the denomination of your Busher family, and also which part of Co. Wexford they lived - i.e. town, townland or parish.

see : Introduction to Irish Records
        My Ancestor came from Ireland - where do I start?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 12 June 12 18:44 BST (UK) »
previous thread : Elizabeth Busher

Did you locate some record to narrow down Elizabeth's place of birth to Co. Wexford ?

S.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline clingov1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 12 June 12 18:48 BST (UK) »
the 1911 census states Kilmore, Wicklow does this help? May have been RC because family predominately Roman Catholic

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 12 June 12 18:55 BST (UK) »
If your Bushers were RC then the film to check is Pos. 4246 in the National Library. Covers quite early dates for an RC parish with baptisms and marriages back to 1752, with a few gaps

It doesn't look like LDS/Familysearch have films for this parish.

The pay-website at RootsIreland has transcripts of some Co. Wexford parishes (RC and CofI) but doesn't include Kilmore at the moment. There are also transcripts for some Co. Wexford parishes on Ancestry, but dont know if they include any for Kilmore parish...as they dont seem to include a list of the sources available.

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline clingov1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 12 June 12 19:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks Shane, looks like I'll just have to keep hoping more records come on line - it has been a long slog with this branch of the family tree.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 12 June 12 19:09 BST (UK) »
There's a Peter Busher on Griffith's Valuation (a land taxation survey) in the townland of Rickardstown, in Kilmore civil parish who might be Elizabeth's father. Not everyone appears on this valuation, but it's worth keeping a note of it.....

This Peter is leasing a House, offices (the term used for workshops, stables etc) and a small plot of land from a John Stafford. The record is dated 1853. See : Busher - Kilmore Civil parish

There are other Busher households listed in the same general area.

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 12 June 12 23:33 BST (UK) »
Hi there

Are you sure you don't mean Kilmore WEXFORD

While the occupation is not a match - could this possibly be her father ?

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Wexford/Kilmore/Ballyseskin/1806882/

Tara

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 12 June 12 23:39 BST (UK) »
It looks like Elizabeth was either born late 1854 or early 1855 as she is not on the attached but there is a Peter Busher having a son Thomas in 1852 in Kilmore

http://www.kilmoregenealogy.com/baptisms%201828-1854.htm

Tara