Author Topic: HEADSTONES in Kirkcaldy Cemeteries(Part 2)  (Read 105612 times)

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HEADSTONES in Kirkcaldy Cemeteries(Part 2)
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 18:09 GMT (UK) »
Would you have a photo of James Williamson's headstone who died 19th March 1832 Dysart Scotland.  Thankyou
Sorry can't anything, who was his wife and did they have children

Norrie
Gordon,Gillies, Taylor,Kinnear, Wemyss Parish

Offline christian c

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Yes.  My GG Grandmother was Christian Williamson died 31 August 1836.  There were several other children including a James jnr.  Christian Williamson and her brother James Williamson are  listed as being buried in Kirkcaldy Cemetery.  People have stated that James my ggg grandfather had several wives but I can not link them so he could be buried with another.  My interest is in my ggg grandfather James and Christian his daughter my gg grandmother.

Offline christian c

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 23:49 GMT (UK) »
I was told that before you left Scotland in the 1830's you had to get permission.  Is this true and if so where would the register of the people be kept please.  Thankyou

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday 19 February 14 22:51 GMT (UK) »
Yes.  My GG Grandmother was Christian Williamson died 31 August 1836.  There were several other children including a James jnr.  Christian Williamson and her brother James Williamson are  listed as being buried in Kirkcaldy Cemetery.  People have stated that James my ggg grandfather had several wives but I can not link them so he could be buried with another.  My interest is in my ggg grandfather James and Christian his daughter my gg grandmother.
Hi there is a number of williamsons headstones in old Kirkcaldy churchyard
But can't see a Christian dying in 1836, who was your gg grandmother married to?
And who was her father James married to ?
Norrie

Offline Patrizia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday 19 February 14 23:16 GMT (UK) »
Norrie, thank you for the photo it is much appreciated.

Offline christian c

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday 19 February 14 23:28 GMT (UK) »
Christian Williamson was married to Robert Cock who was a wright/turner in Pathhead.  Robert left Scotland so is not buried their.  Christian's birth mother was Margaret Philip.   I was told James Williamson remarried but have no proven link.  James Williamson jnr is buried their 1824 he was married to Elizabeth Whyte who died 1827.  I was hoping their was a family plot so that it would be easy to link.

Offline christian c

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday 19 February 14 23:35 GMT (UK) »
James Williamson was a very wealthy man so it is my belief that the headstone should be substantial.

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: Thursday 20 February 14 18:13 GMT (UK) »
Christian Williamson was married to Robert Cock who was a wright/turner in Pathhead.  Robert left Scotland so is not buried their.  Christian's birth mother was Margaret Philip.   I was told James Williamson remarried but have no proven link.  James Williamson jnr is buried their 1824 he was married to Elizabeth Whyte who died 1827.  I was hoping their was a family plot so that it would be easy to link.
Hi Christian c cant see any Headstones in Kirkcaldy Churchyardfor the above
but I remembered this Williamson family from 2012
you could post for Janet Mc or Mixedupmob to get in touch

Re: HEADSTONES in Kirkcaldy Cemeteries posted by Janet Mc
« Reply #372 on: Friday 03 August 12 01:19 BST (UK) »
Also would love further details on Christian Williamson, wife of Robert Cock who died in 1836. Her birth year might confirm if she is indeed the daughter of James Williamson senior and Margaret PHILPS (it is the mother we haven't confirmed but probability is increasing). Still trying to find the death/burial of this lady somewhere in Fife 1793-1821. Would love a list of all Marg. Philp/Williamson burials in Fife. One has to match! How we love unusual names in genealogy and don't like common ones!
My Reply
Are there no more details either on the James Williamson senior and then junior and his wife Eliz. Whyte/White?
Posted by Mixedupmob in June, you should get in touch with this person
I am looking for anyone researching the following Williamson family:
James b. 1811
Alexander b. 1814
John b. 1818
Thomas b. 1820
All were born in Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scotland, the children of James Williamson and Elizabeth Whyte. They all arrived in Tasmania on board the Dunmore which left Leith on 19 July 1830 and arrived in Hobart Town on 28 February 1831. Their sister Janet was also on board with them but I think I have discovered what happened to her - waiting on a death transcript to confirm my theory.
I would really like to know what happened to the boys and so far have not had any luck in my search.
Norrie

Offline christian c

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: Thursday 20 February 14 23:41 GMT (UK) »
You mean to say that you can not locate a grave headstone for James Williamson buried Kirkcaldy cemetery in March 1832.  Can you please give me a list of people by that name buried their in that year.  The reason I posted this because I have seen many request.