Author Topic: HEADSTONES in Kirkcaldy Cemeteries(Part 2)  (Read 105613 times)

Offline LouisaB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HEADSTONES in Kirkcaldy Cemeteries(Part 2)
« Reply #171 on: Monday 27 July 15 08:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Norrie,

I am doing some family history search for my Granny.  In particular about her sister, who died in infancy.  It was not spoken of when my Granny was little, so she has always wanted to know a bit about the older sister she never knew.

I have found her death certificate - as the family lived at 16 Aitkin Street, Kirkcaldy at the time.  I am hoping she would of been buried in Kirkcaldy too. 

Her name was Margaret Nicol Boyter 1/1/1926? - 6/11/1927.

Is she in your registry at all?

Kind Thanks,
Louisa
Hi Louisa what I need to check my index are margarets parents names
Do you know when they died ? And did they stay in Kirkcaldy after Margarets death
Norrie

Hi Norrie,

Margaret's parents names were - Henry Reid Boyter 10/10/1896 (Cellardyke) - 12/05/1961 (Kirkcaldy), Agnes Calder Nicol  10/6/1904 (Uphall) (we think this is correct for her) - unknown?
Henry worked for the ministry of Labour so the family moved around a bit, but always in the fife region from what I have been told.

Thanks,
Louisa

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday 28 July 15 17:31 BST (UK) »
Hi  Louisa you said
Margaret's parents names were - Henry Reid Boyter 10/10/1896 (Cellardyke) - 12/05/1961 (Kirkcaldy), Agnes Calder Nicol  10/6/1904 (Uphall) (we think this is correct for her) - unknown?
Henry worked for the ministry of Labour so the family moved around a bit, but always in the fife region from what I have been told.

Hi Louisa sorry no luck
I can't find any headstones in any of the 4 Kirkcaldy Cemeteries ( Abbotshall, Bennochy
Dysart or Hayfield ) for the Surname BOYTER
they lived in Aitken St Kirkcaldy so the nearest cemetery would have been Dysart.
remember Margarets parents were both young an it is highly unlikely they would
have bought lairs in a cemetery  for a young child often they were laid to rest
in ground of a relitive say Henrys father, by 1961 when Henry died the crem.
had opened in Kirkcaldy do you know where he was living when he died ?
Norrie
Gordon,Gillies, Taylor,Kinnear, Wemyss Parish

Offline ianyounger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: Monday 17 August 15 22:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Norrie,

Hoping desperately you may be able to help. I have looked at various online indexes of burials, including paying to download details of four burials in Bennochy Cemetery which turned out not to be the names I was looking for!

My dad's family have lived in and around Kirkcaldy for generations, and I am trying to find graves for his grandparents (my great-grandparents) Andrew Nairn Younger, born abt 1863, died 1947 aged 83 - living at Massereene Road at time of death; his wife Beatrice (Howie), born abt 1862, died 1936 aged 72 - living at Overton Road at time of death.

Also looking for Andrew's parents - i.e. my dad's great-grandparents. Thomas Younger, born abt 1830, died 1904, aged 73 - living at Invertiel Road at time of death, and his wife Jane (or Jean) Nairn, born 1830, died 1914 aged 84 - was still living at Invertiel Road at time of death.

I am currently visiting Scotland, with my parents, but have to leave on Thursday morning - it would mean so much to my dad and me if we could visit any graves before we go.

Can you see if you have any of these in your collection.

Many thanks,

Ian Younger

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday 18 August 15 09:38 BST (UK) »
I am currently visiting Scotland, with my parents, but have to leave on Thursday morning - it would mean so much to my dad and me if we could visit any graves before we go.

Hi Ian sorry I have 1200 headstone photos in Bennochy Cemetery but
none for Younger.

When you check the Surname Index listings on Scottish Moumental inscriptions for
Bennochy they have Younger, Nairn & Howie listed and its an up to date Cd
which you can purchase, sorry I can't be of more help

Norrie

Offline ianyounger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday 18 August 15 11:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Norrie,

Thankyou so much for looking.

I think the Bennochy cemetery Youngers listed on the index for the CD you mention will probably be the ones I have already downloaded, which were all later generations and I can't link them in to my family at this point in time.

Can I just clarify whether you checked the other cemeteries, or did you only look at Bennochy?

On "Find A Grave" there are transcriptions for Dysart and Abbotshall, but not the names I am looking for - but I don't know if they have transcribed ALL the interments for those cemeteries or just some of them.

It's so frustrating. I will be in Kirkcaldy tomorrow, but don't have time to search every cemetery - I was just hoping to find out which one my Younger ancestors might be buried in.

Thanks again,

Ian

Offline hdw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday 18 August 15 12:12 BST (UK) »
Hi  Louisa you said

Hi Louisa sorry no luck
I can't find any headstones in any of the 4 Kirkcaldy Cemeteries ( Abbotshall, Bennochy
Dysart or Hayfield ) for the Surname BOYTER
they lived in Aitken St Kirkcaldy so the nearest cemetery would have been Dysart.
remember Margarets parents were both young an it is highly unlikely they would
have bought lairs in a cemetery  for a young child often they were laid to rest
in ground of a relitive say Henrys father, by 1961 when Henry died the crem.
had opened in Kirkcaldy do you know where he was living when he died ?
Norrie

Louisa, I can't help with graveyards but I have a lot of information on Cellardyke families, so if you want any more info. on the Boyters and Reids, just send me a PM. Both families have been in Cellardyke for centuries.

Harry

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: Wednesday 19 August 15 00:07 BST (UK) »

Hi Ian  I have 800 headstones for Abbotshall & over 2000 for Dysart and 200 for Pathhead Fuers
but no Youngers headstones. I have 4 Youngers in Hayfield wich opened in the 40s but not who you looking for
sorry I cant be of more help
Norrie

Offline sarah1ouise

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: Monday 31 August 15 11:32 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I wondered if you had any information on a headstone for Dr John Wemyss Morison? Born 1832 in Burntisland and died 1877 in Kirkcaldy. His wife was Catherine Young if that helps?

Many thanks,

Sarah

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: Tuesday 01 September 15 09:16 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I wondered if you had any information on a headstone for Dr John Wemyss Morison? Born 1832 in Burntisland and died 1877 in Kirkcaldy. His wife was Catherine Young if that helps?

Sarah
Hi Sarah sorry nothing for Dr John Wemyss Morison in Kirkcaldy Cemeteries
also checked Markinch cametery as he married there and had a female child Magdaline there
did he have any sons ?
Norrie