Author Topic: Possible Huguenots? Pidoux  (Read 7727 times)

Offline simply

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Huguenots? Pidoux
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 11 January 24 13:23 GMT (UK) »
I also found this post via Google. As part of my research into our Wilson family.

I found out that my great grandaunt (Keziah Elizabeth Wilson) married a Henry Thomas Pidoux in 1888, at All Saints Church, Haggerston, Middlesex.

Henry was born about 1850 at Clerkenwell.
Keziah was born in Middlesbrough.

They ended up living in the Hackney parish (one address being at Dalston) and had 11 children.

Offline joger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 12 January 24 08:09 GMT (UK) »
Is it this man?

John Pidoux & Ann Mellor married April 11th 1769 St George Hanover Square, London

Elisabeth Mary Pidoux, daughter of John Pidoux, Shop keeper, Wheeler Street, and Ann, 24 March 1771, Christchurch, Spitalfields

John Albert Pidoux, son of John Rodolph Pidoux, Grocer, Wheeler Street, and Ann  21 June 1772, Christchurch, Spitalfields

George Pidoux son of John Pidoux, Chandler, Wheeler Street, and Ann, 29 Oct 1775, Christchurch, Spitalfields

Sarah Pidoux, daughter of John  Pidoux, Grocer, Wheeler Street, and Ann,  9 Feb 1783, Christchurch, Spitalfields

Abner Pidoux, son of John Pidoux, shopkeeper, Wheeler Street, and Ann, born 13 June 1790, baptised 12 Sep 1790, Christchurch, Spitalfields

John Pidoux of Wheeler Street, aged 84, buried Dec 26th 1820, Christchurch, Spitalfields.

His son John was apprenticed to a cooper, and Abner to a Mathematical instrument case maker.

His will describes him as a Grocer and Cheesemonger of Wheeler Street, and also names an elder daughter Kezia married name Goullee.

If it is him he did join the Threadneedle Street French Huguenot Church London as Jean Rodolphe Pidoux on 29th September 1771 on the testimony of Charles Lecher. He also certified cases for 'La Providence' The French Charity Hospital for Huguenots and their descendants in 1787 and 1788, both neighbours of his in Wheeler Street.

May be him :

https://gw.geneanet.org/rodac?n=pidoux&oc=1&p=jean+rodolphe

My apologies if someone already gave this info (i did not read all the pages of this old post).

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 12 January 24 09:21 GMT (UK) »
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford