Author Topic: Seeking Family of Mary Ann Fisher, born Oct. 1895, Basford  (Read 67328 times)

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking Family of Mary Ann Fisher, born Oct. 1895, Basford
« Reply #378 on: Wednesday 27 June 18 05:28 BST (UK) »
Perfectly understandable
Tho you could always tell story about Mr X    ..so none of the Hall family would be offended

When I found that my great grandma could  be a child trafficker I was concerned her 3 living grand children would be upset but 1 saw her as a baby placer helping unmarried girls and infertile couples 1 was pleased to have an interesting story of the gmother she.doesn't never known & the 1 who had knowon about his legit. Grandmother was pleased that there was a reason his father hadn't been very fond of her.

The offer to help you with the DNA mystery still holds ...do you have any cousins who have taken the test. ..and are any of your matches 3rd or 4th  cousins ?

Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: Wednesday 27 June 18 07:02 BST (UK) »
I'm on page 24 now not read pages inbetween yet !

I'm dictating on voice activation so don't know how to punctuate *modified post after

#reply 95 about privacy its all public on here but only for people who are searching...thats not the same as broadcasting the story ...

Re.   replies about waiting impatiently

&contacting living descendants

just to let you know there is a modern invention called a telephone

the records office are often extra helpful when you query by phone &
will give an estimated time they need to research I

was lucky enough to talk to a student who was happy to go above and beyond because she never ,seen an affiliation order before
I  cant afford to?pay for many documents or research time

British people could phone for Carol also we could take her on a virtual tour of local places without having to take plane does that make sense I

we are all deeply involved in this story now and rooting for you Carol to get the answers

BTW definitely contact living descendants they may know the family dark secrets stories from their grandparents

My. American4th cousins provided me with photo of great great grandfather

British cousin once removed filled us in on what became of great grandmother (his grandmother) when she put my nana  to board with a family ....
no pic of her yet tho ..
.his elder estranged half siblings may have had them (not found their descendants. ...yet )
his aged mother and wife)
Is very ill and Alzheimer's but there may be photos of her 1950 s wedding so mother in law our great grandmother could be on 1

If you need 3rd party to make initial phone contact with descendants we could do that too

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: Thursday 28 June 18 05:59 BST (UK) »
Could you repost that beautiful pic of your grandmother please

If any descendants of her half cousins turn up ....family resemblance may play a part in finding them

Mr X could even have been photographed for criminal record or in a newspaper

We found 2 photos of my mothers potential grandfather one on his alien registration document 1915

Another from a hospital record 1920 ..mum wasn't convinced it was same man !!he looked. So much older and scruffy

But there were resemblance with my known cousins

both documents were In  Wales which didn't link to our birkenhead records

Turned out hospital named next of kin  and it was sister in Scotland
Also helpfully said he was 2nd eldest of 11.

Offline CarolRR

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: Thursday 28 June 18 14:21 BST (UK) »
With the help of others, I now have my grandmother's family tree going back to the 1600s.  I haven't connected with any family yet but at least I know who they are (on her maternal side).  My other (paternal) grandmother was also an orphan so I'm now focussed on her story.  I have many 3rd and 4th cousins on the various DNA sites but am struggling to connect the dots as there are so many unknowns.
My own family are not fully aware of Mary Ann Fisher's story so it is very personal to me and I refuse to release it until I feel that the time is right - which it isn't. 
Thanks.