Author Topic: A mother for Wilfred Charles EVERITT  (Read 31723 times)

Offline Seaton Smithy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Previously known as "neb_maat_re".
    • View Profile
Re: A mother for Wilfred Charles EVERITT
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 14 August 13 22:59 BST (UK) »
Is this John one of your Everitts? ( http://www.rootschat.com/links/0vpx/  )   

There is only the one.

Thanks for this.  I think my cousin may have mentioned this briefly during our last conversation (which was more focussed on issues in the present).

Certainly indicates a pattern of behaviour if nothing else.

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 14 August 13 23:05 BST (UK) »
May have nothing to do with anything, BUT! there is a Wilfred having a son (Wilfred) by his wife Adeline in NSW in mid 1880's ::) THEY married in 1881. ::)

Neil
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline Seaton Smithy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 14 August 13 23:14 BST (UK) »

If this is correct and Thomas had not died earlier, it is clear Thomas and HARRIET were estranged which was my point in commenting previously about the absence of his name in newspaper notices related to herself and family. (Replies #24 and #25)

And your point was understood.

Offline Seaton Smithy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 14 August 13 23:25 BST (UK) »
May have nothing to do with anything, BUT! there is a Wilfred having a son (Wilfred) by his wife Adeline in NSW in mid 1880's ::) THEY married in 1881. ::)

Coonamble is a bit of a long haul, but it is about the closest hit as far as names go.

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 14 August 13 23:41 BST (UK) »
If the husband was a shearer for instance they could be anywhere, as it is, they were in Cooma in 1897.
But I cannot find a connection between the names of Everitt/Willmott/Rees :-\
Neil

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 14 August 13 23:45 BST (UK) »
Hi

If I may disagree ... Coonamble was on TSR and so too was Howlong...  My Western Div families from 1880s were drovers .... sometimes way into QLD other times in Adelaide SA but the children were raised Far West NSW....

Cheers JM

Coonamble is a bit of a long haul, but it is about the closest hit as far as names go.
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 15 August 13 00:15 BST (UK) »
Does anyone think it is just possible that Wilfred/Charles (Whatever) was just informally adopted by the EVERITT family. As there were no formal adoptions until mid 1920's in NSW. There seem to be many instances of what could have been Stockmans/Drovers/Shearers families that struck hard times and just handed over the Kid's to be raised in a less informal manner than on the track. ???

I don't know if this family WILLMOTT had this happening to them but the timing and naming seems a bit too close for just coincidence. ::)

The actual Wilfred born 1886 dies same year, but could there have been another unaccounted for?

More questions.....no real answers :-\

Neil

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 15 August 13 00:25 BST (UK) »
Just to throw another loopy in.
Wilfreds brother Arthur dies 1969 in Inverell where both his parents died but his family gives his mother not as ADELINE but ADELAIDE. Gee another coincidence ::)

Neil

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Thursday 15 August 13 00:49 BST (UK) »
A moment of non-factual pondering now….. ::)

I find it difficult to accept that John EVERITT was the father of a child to a woman unknown to the family. These were tough days and in most cases a woman who found herself pregnant was not assisted by the father’s family, but by her own –if at all!

If he is the father then he has given his name to the child and then she is never heard of again!

You have stated the couple, Edward and Hannah, raised children of family and it seems unlikely they would reach out to a girl in trouble not related to them .

John appears to have shown poor character in sited instances and it seems illogical he would ask his brother to raise a child from a liason while the mother moved on.

Did Adeline, then, go to the door and say this child belongs to your JOHN, then leave town?

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk