Author Topic: Falsified info?  (Read 1927 times)

Offline lalkav

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Falsified info?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 March 23 13:17 GMT (UK) »
On my husbands grandfathers birth cert in Scotland his parents have stated that they were married in 1896 in Maid Street Chapel in Dublin. The child was given his fathers surname but then there is a corrected entry and the child is given his mothers surname. I'm wondering if the parents weren't married at all. Does anyone know if Maid Street Chapel existed? Thanks.

Hi, I have just joined the site while looking for information on my paternal great grandparents and it looks like my great grandparents George Jenkins and Bridget Collins also state they were married in Maid Street Chapel, Dublin 3rd March 1896.    My grandfather was Michael Jenkins (b.1897) married to Mary Ann McGuire  in 1916 in Greenock and then remarried to my grandmother Catherine Tinney in 1928.

Thanks for reading

Hi I've messaged you

Offline Moragh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 March 23 13:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi

sorry I cant seem to find the mesage.   

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 03 March 23 14:09 GMT (UK) »
On my husbands grandfathers birth cert in Scotland his parents have stated that they were married in 1896 in Maid Street Chapel in Dublin. The child was given his fathers surname but then there is a corrected entry and the child is given his mothers surname. I'm wondering if the parents weren't married at all. Does anyone know if Maid Street Chapel existed? Thanks.

Hi, I have just joined the site while looking for information on my paternal great grandparents and it looks like my great grandparents George Jenkins and Bridget Collins also state they were married in Maid Street Chapel, Dublin 3rd March 1896.    My grandfather was Michael Jenkins (b.1897) married to Mary Ann McGuire  in 1916 in Greenock and then remarried to my grandmother Catherine Tinney in 1928.

Thanks for reading

Hi I've messaged you

Moragh needs to make at least one more post, to receive and send PM's

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Moragh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 03 March 23 14:14 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for confirming that, hopefully this is my 3rd so fingers crossed.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 03 March 23 15:37 GMT (UK) »
There are births of twin girls Catherine and Mary Elizabeth to George Jenkins (Wire worker) and Bridget Collins in Lurgan in 1910
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1910/01575/1634888.pdf
I'd normally check the census at this point but it's not working today.

Offline lalkav

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 03 March 23 16:11 GMT (UK) »
There are births of twin girls Catherine and Mary Elizabeth to George Jenkins (Wire worker) and Bridget Collins in Lurgan in 1910
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1910/01575/1634888.pdf
I'd normally check the census at this point but it's not working today.

Yes thanks these are 2 of their daughters. I've found the death for Catherine in 1910 but not Mary.

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 03 March 23 18:07 GMT (UK) »
A George Jenkins may have married a Nora Collins, June Quarter 1896, in Cardiff, Wales.
(Same page reference no.)
Relevant?
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area