Author Topic: Surname-Allan-Maribyong,Essendon- Victoria-Australia  (Read 11031 times)

Offline Overton72

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Surname-Allan-Maribyong,Essendon- Victoria-Australia
« on: Friday 12 December 14 09:09 GMT (UK) »
My husbands G Aunty, Laura Mavis Patterson married John James Dunn but she later took off and family say she took off
with a R A Allan Collector seen in Census at 127 Roberts st Maribyong,Essendon Victoria.

Looking through census records Laura wasn't always with Ronald..which I thought was strange since she was supposed to of ran away with him and was cremated at Altona.Died under Allan.

Also Ronald at times is seen with a Joyce.Boniface Allan..could this be his mother?? at 3/13 McCulloch st Maribyong Essendon. She is listed there with a Henry William Allan -Boilermaker is this his father?.
And a K. S. Allan-Girl friday..his sister??? perhaps??

And in another instance Laura Mavis Allan nee Patterson is shown at 11 Luluma St Maribyong-cleaner with a M Allan...Im assuming this is a man?????

Could someone please help me establish the relationship/s between these "Allan" family members
And more importantly..what was Milroy to Laura if anything???..

Looked and can't seem to find anything..anything you could find to help me with this would be
most appreciative..thankyou..

Overton72.

names of living people edited by moderator
England ,wardrobe,buzza /Buzzo >Penzance ,St Hilary,Cornwall.
Richards,Roberts,Parrish,Paris,Norton,knight,. Whear,Sparnon,squires, Fenwick ,

Scotland-hardy,McRae,Morris,walker,burnside.>Glasgow to Australia.

Ireland-Jobson,plunkett,

Germany>Ballarat vic >? To Patterson>miner.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Surname-Allan-Maribyong,Essendon- Victoria-Australia
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 December 14 10:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

I have been helping you on a couple of threads, to do with your PATTERSON families in 19th Century Victoria, Australia.

May I please gently mention that I am confuddled by your remarks in this current thread, re Census records.  I am simply unaware of Census records for the Australian state of Victoria providing names/addresses/occupations/family relationships, and so I am unsure of what you are referring to.     

Can you also please confirm that you have already established that each and every one of the people you are naming in your opening post for this thread, are no longer living as it is a NO NO to name living people at RChat.  Living people, in Australia, are entitled to the expectation of privacy of the individual.   

I will ask a moderator to move your thread to the Australian Board.

Cheers,  JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 December 14 10:17 GMT (UK) »
Marriage:
Albt Ernest ALLAN m. Joyce Boniface WILSON 1935 #10968

Birth:
Joyce WILSON b. 19 May 1910 MELBOURNE WEST #33465X1920
Father: Herbert
Mother: Mary Jane WAGHORN
Joyce WAGHORN 1910 CARL #9663
Father: Unknown
Mary Jane WAGHORN
Joyce WILSON 1920 MELB W #33465
Father: Herbert
Mother: Mary Jane WAGHORN

Death:
Joyce Boniface ALLAN d. 26 Oct 2000

Burial:
Fawkner Memorial Park 31 Oct 2000
http://mapping.fcmp.com.au:1001/PubMapping/index.aspx

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 12 December 14 10:51 GMT (UK) »
http://tributes.heraldsun.com.au/archivenotice/2577026/view?random=1418381359988
ALLAN. - Joyce Boniface. Passed away on Oct. 26, 2000 at St Vincent's Hospital. Loving wife of Albert (dec.). Devoted mother of R..

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 12 December 14 11:08 GMT (UK) »
Birth:
Albt Ernt ALLAN b. 1900 ASCOT VALE #23635
Father: Jno
Mother: Helen WATSON

Death:
Albert Ernest ALLAN age 56yrs d. 1957 ESSE #11599
Father: John
Mother: Ellen  WATSON

Burial:
Fawkner Memorial Park 16 Sep 1957
http://mapping.fcmp.com.au:1001/PubMapping/index.aspx

Offline Overton72

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 13 December 14 00:56 GMT (UK) »
Census records via ancestry.As far as I know everyone is deceased. But I'm not 100pc sure to be honest. So I'll keep what you said in mind for future reference I think most are deceased but not 100pc sure in regards to K s Allan... But think the others would be.Sorry I won't do that again.understand privacy.

Just as a matter of interest -yes I see you helped belindy in regards to J scaulton who m a  g Nash both were convicts..there daughter married a Dunn who's youngest son married the L m Patterson mentioned here.

Ok so what I'm actually asking is for help to determine the relationship to one another  between the (Allan) folks that are mentioned herewith if that makes sense?,

Ireland-Jobson,plunkett,

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 13 December 14 01:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi

The records on Ancestry are actually Electoral Rolls not censuses and only show people eligible to vote. If you work backwards you may be able to work out approximately how old some of the people are,

Andy

Offline Overton72

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 13 December 14 03:11 GMT (UK) »
Yeah. I'm more interested in trying to find out if they're related to each other and how
especially  the M Allan and L m Patterson  listed at luluma street.

Ive been trying to find trees that may have this information but can't seem to find anything.

Ireland-Jobson,plunkett,

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 13 December 14 04:50 GMT (UK) »
My husbands G Aunty, Laura Mavis Patterson married John James Dunn but she later took off and family say she took off
with a R A Allan Collector seen in Census at 127 Roberts st Maribyong,Essendon Victoria.

Looking through census records Laura wasn't always with Ronald..which I thought was strange since she was supposed to of ran away with him and was cremated at Altona.Died under Allan.

Also Ronald at times is seen with a Joyce.Boniface Allan..could this be his mother?? at 3/13 McCulloch st Maribyong Essendon. She is listed there with a Henry William Allan -Boilermaker is this his father?.
And a K. S. Allan-Girl friday..his sister??? perhaps??

And in another instance Laura Mavis Allan nee Patterson is shown at 11 Luluma St Maribyong-cleaner with a M Allan...Im assuming this is a man?????

Could someone please help me establish the relationship/s between these "Allan" family members
And more importantly..what was Milroy to Laura if anything???..

Looked and can't seem to find anything..anything you could find to help me with this would be
most appreciative..thankyou..

Overton72.

names of living people edited by moderator

At no time does Laura Mavis (nee PATTERSON) appear at the same address on the ELECTORAL ROLL (Not Census) as R A ALLAN.

From 1936 to 1954 Laura Mavis DUNN is at various addresses in Richmond with husband.

From 1963 to 1977 Laura Mavis ALLAN is with M**  ALLAN at various addresses in the Essendon, Moonee Ponds, Maribyrnong areas

In 1980 Laura Mavis ALLAN is with no others of the surname at 11 Luluma St Maribyrnong.

The ELECTORAL ROLL listings for R A ALLAN can be given, but are not relevant as the address, as stated, is not shared by Laura Mavis ALLAN.

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk