Author Topic: William and Edward Steele births, sons of Albert and Nora  (Read 15359 times)

Offline sirsimon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William and Edward Steele births, sons of Albert and Nora
« Reply #54 on: Monday 05 October 15 15:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Gordon

My thanks for getting back to me with some information, very interesting, it seems your family have a very fascinating history. Its no worries about the late reply, I understand that you are likely busy

We will have to communicate via private messaging since rootschat have altered the dates of the living people you have mentioned in the information

I am indeed a Steele, I was born a Watkins, being born in the Welsh valleys. However I had a poor relation with my father, whom was a liar and an abusive husband, I haven't seen him in 20 years. I have been raised more or else by my mother and her parents, my grandfather has always been my role model, being an ex chief technician in the Royal Air Force.

I would be happy to provide any details on the Steele family, whom I have traced back to 1695. I also have a book that details information on the life of your grandfather Albert Steele, whom I am sure you know, was a miner in Vancouver. His uncle drowned in the mines and he was interviewed for the book. I do not have the book with me, but I can provide information.

I would like to obtain some specific information regarding your branch of the family. Below is the information I would like to know, but I imagine you would have to ask other members of the family.

- The birth years for you and your siblings Karen and Richard, these were altered by rootschat, so you will need to resend them

- The birth years and locations of birth of your cousins Ted, Glenn, Gregg and Carol

- The names and locations of birth and years of birth for any of their children, spouses and possible grandchildren

- The names and locations of birth and years of birth for any of your children, spouse and the children and spouses of your siblings

- The maiden name and date of death of Edward's wife Ella

- An email address so we can keep in touch better

I appreciate the information and I understand that this is a lot of information to request, but the information is not available to me online

I also understand the need for privacy and decretion, any information provided with not be used for illegal matters or such, just filling in a tree online

Do you have access to the website Ancestry? I can give you access to the entire Steele family tree, if you want any specific information, please let me know. We are family and I would be happy to oblige.

Your great grandfather Joseph was born in Fletchertown, Cumberland in 1860, his brother Walter Steele was my great great grandfather. Their parents were Walter Steel and Martha Walker.

my thanks  :)

Offline sirsimon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William and Edward Steele births, sons of Albert and Nora
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 17 August 16 22:14 BST (UK) »
After further research, I have figured out whom is related to whom and what not and I appreciate all the help that I have been given.

I found the death record of Edward and William's brother Albert and his wife May Evelyn Beryl Mennie. She died young of cardiac arrest due to obesity.

I wonder though, did they have children? Neither records hint at any, so I am not sure