Author Topic: Change in RootsChat "Home" page - Work in Progress  (Read 30082 times)

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
Re: Change in RootsChat "Home" page - Work in Progress
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday 29 April 15 22:34 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm a "Regular Home Page User" and think the new format is great, admittedly it seemed a bit strange to begin with but now it's great, I personally have no issues at all with it.

Regards
Frank. :)
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline sami

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grannie M
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday 29 April 15 22:45 BST (UK) »
 :) :) 2 thumbs up for the home page  :) :)

sami
England:  Archer, Bailey, Bates, Blower, Bosworth, Court, Hicklin, Orton, Palmer, Robbins, Sedgwick, Smith, Stevenson, Stone, Varnam, Wakelin, Walker
Canada:  Archer, Walker, Spencer, Shepherd
Australia:  Taplin
South Africa:  Risley

Offline joboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday 29 April 15 23:46 BST (UK) »
I am delighted with it all ....with my 24"screen the image is about 16" wide and the margins are about 2" either side.
I just could not ask for better.I am delighted with it all ....with my 24"screen the image is about 16" wide and the margins are about 2" either side.
I just could not ask for better ,
Well done Trystan and all. :) :)
Joe
Gill UK and Australia
Bell UK and Australia
Harding(e) Australia
Finch UK and Australia

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Thursday 30 April 15 00:18 BST (UK) »
As a Home Page user I am happy with it as it is now - and all the sections which are in bold are fine I think.

If I were to be really picky, I would say that the last topic on the list is a little too close to the photos below it, but that so trifling as to be a non issue.

;D

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Thursday 30 April 15 01:00 BST (UK) »
As a Home Page user I am happy with it as it is now - and all the sections which are in bold are fine I think.

If I were to be really picky, I would say that the last topic on the list is a little too close to the photos below it, but that so trifling as to be a non issue.

;D

Yep, exactly so, agree it is a non issue for me too.    :)

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Online Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Friday 01 May 15 18:40 BST (UK) »
May I just point out a little thing that has irked me for years - it did this even before the site was revamped a couple years ago. When you are on the Home page, the Forum tab remains highlighed, instead of Home (as shown in the snippet).

It should be an easy fix, moving the active class from the #button_home to #button_welcome link for the Home page.
Code: [Select]
<ul id="topnav">
<li id="button_welcome">
<a class="daddy" href="http://www.rootschat.com/">
<span class="last firstlevel">home</span>
</a>
</li>
<li id="button_home">
<a class="active daddy" href="http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php">
<span class="firstlevel">forum</span>
</a>
</li>

I do apologise for being so pedantic.

Alexander

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday 06 May 15 00:42 BST (UK) »
Trystan, have changes now been made to the rest of the site please? Until this evening I could view the full site properly on both my old Android mobile and my new Win8.1 phone rather than using the mobile version which I don't particularly like. Now it works on neither properly apart from the homepage. I get a very large left section with names etc but the right hand section is only a few characters wide and impossible to read.

I've cleared cache etc but makes no difference. Really don't want to mow have to use the mobile version as the functionality is so limited :-X

Nicola
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday 06 May 15 11:29 BST (UK) »
Nicola,

Thank you for the feedback, and yes your'e quite right. Sorry about that. The left-hand side of the post was too wide when viewed on a mobile screen when viewed vertically..

Anyhow the fix is being worked on, and it could come in the next hour or the next few days depending on when the light bulb switches on :)

Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday 06 May 15 14:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks Trystan, glad I wasn't going mad. ;D  Look forward to the fix since I prefer viewing the full site on the mobile.

Nicola
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day