Author Topic: Looking for my Grandmother's Birth Jessie Mccrae/Currie - Possibly in Scotland  (Read 4000 times)

Offline S. Jane

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for my Grandmother's Birth Jessie Mccrae/Currie - Possibly in Scotland
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 10:58 GMT (UK) »
Swall
I think you are talking about my nan and grandad

Offline S. Jane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for my Grandmother's Birth Jessie Mccrae/Currie - Possibly in Scotland
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 11:04 GMT (UK) »
Rosinish
Hi i came across these posts but not sure if anyone is still active i think they are referring to my nan and grandad Peter and jessie barnecutt and my great grandparents edgar and Emma from mabe cornwall

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 11:27 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat S. Jane.

Yes it seems to be the same family i.e. you & Swall would be cousins.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 17 February 21 15:12 GMT (UK) »
This is in reply to S. Jane who sent me a PM, possibly as my light was the only one on but as always it's best info. is dealt with on the forum...

"Do you know if swall is still on tbis forum It's my understanding that edgar barnecutt my great grandfather was Edgar pellow in the ww1 service he apparently had received a high ranking medal for his service unfortunately that medal was lost long ago it seems very difficult to non existent any information on my grandparents and services during the war"

Swall hasn't replied to messages posted since 10 May 17 although was last active here 18 May 17 but will hopefully get notification of your posts & reply soon.

Records for WW2 are held with the MoD...
https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-service-records/apply-for-someone-elses-records

Many WW1 records were burnt although it's worth contacting the MoD to enquire about any records.

Is this your g g/f, received the Victory Medal & British War Medal?

Edgar Joseph Pellow
https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/results/r?_q=edgar+pellow

Do you know why the difference in names & how did you find out this is likely Edgar Barnecutt?

There's something odd about the info. on the marriage cert. of Peter William Barnecutt as it doesn't add up with what's been found...

Reply #17 from anne_p...
"1945 marriage Peter William Barnecutt (age 20) 
He was newly engaged in active service as a driver in the Royal Army Service Corps.
Address: 1 Coronation Cottages, Maoe ?, Cornwall
Parents : Edgar Barnecutt ( Stone Cutter) and Emma Richards"

Reply #19 from chempat...
"Marriages September quarter 1926
Albert Barnecutt / Emma Richards   Liskeard    5c   111"

Then..."looks like Peter W Barnecutt's birth:
Births March quarter 1925 Peter W Richards mmn Richards  Liskeard    5c   68"

Born prior to the above marriage, his father's name is in dispute from the above info, was he Edgar or Albert or as you're now saying, Edgar Pellow who from the WW1 doc. above (if it's him) had a middle name Joseph?

I think a few certs. need to be bought to sort this lot out.

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline anne_p

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 19 February 21 00:44 GMT (UK) »
Apologies for delay in response as I was just looking at this again.

Due to the rules, I cannot provide exact info but the info on the 1939 register looks odd.
Address in Mabe matches with the 1945 marriage of Peter W Barnecutt

This is the home of Edgar J Pellow rather than Albert Barnecutt
Emma  was originally entered with he name of  Barnecutt which has been crossed out ( in Red) and changed to Pellow at a later date.
Although both are entered as Married, it does not look like they were a married couple at this time.
Every other entry for this household is redacted

Edgar J Pellow is also more than 20yrs older than Emma Barnecutt

The only possible future record that I can find dates from 1967 where an Edgar J Pellow married Emma Pellow in Falmouth

Peter W Barnecutt stated his father, Albert Barnecutt was a Stone Cutter.
Edgar J Pellow was also a Stone Cutter but, i am not convinced that they are the same person

Anne

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 19 February 21 00:58 GMT (UK) »
Thanks ann_p...

I'm glad it's not just me thinking things are not working out correctly/in sinc?

I really think some certs. are needed to sort out the conundrum which visually/mentally can't be done by assumption (as can often be done) but not in this case I don't think?

Annie

Offline M.Barnecutt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 20 August 21 21:54 BST (UK) »
SWALL You are most definitely talking about my family. My Granmother was Jessie Currie and Grandfather Peter Barnecutt. The S. Jane who replied I ask you is that you Sarah? My cousin?

My father is Jessie and Peter's son and he is called David. There are also his siblings Eileen, Peter, Jackie, Malcome and Marie.

They lived in Glasgow for a time and yes Jessie was Scottish. They came to Cornwall. Jessie's mother lived in Mabe in Cornwall and was the most wonderful Great Gran. They then lived for the majority of their time in Cornwall in Cury in Helston. Jessie passed due to Cancer. Peter passed after her.

Please Swall if you see this contact me.

Offline M.Barnecutt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 20 August 21 21:56 BST (UK) »
Hi, this is my first post here :)

I am looking for my Grandmothers birth details. Jessie Mccrae or Currie. Her maiden name is shown as Mccrae on her marriage certificate but shown as Currie on her children's birth certificates. I think she was Scottish but I am not 100% sure.
I have the dates but cannot find any record which then might indicate who her parents were or where she was born etc

DOB 12th Dec 1924
Death Apr 1997

I did find one Electoral Register that had her and her husband, my Grandfather, Peter William Barnecutt, living in Glasgow, Lanarkshire in Scotland. My mother also once told me that they had lived in a place called Drumpchapel in Glasgow, not sure if that could have been her home town. But that is all I have to go off of.

Any information would be greatly appreciated as I have hit a bit of a brick wall searching. Thank you :)

I am your relative. Jessie was my Grandmother. She was a Currie and Scottish as you thought. She married my Granfather Peter Barnecutt. Please contact me

Offline M.Barnecutt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 20 August 21 21:57 BST (UK) »
Swall
I think you are talking about my nan and grandad

Sarah? It's Marie David's daughter. I assume this is you posting.