Author Topic: Jane Ann Thomson born 1879 Longside  (Read 5873 times)

Offline izzycurran

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jane Ann Thomson born 1879 Longside
« on: Tuesday 05 February 19 14:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I am new here so forgive me if I am posting this wrong. I am trying to find out what happened to my Grandmother. Her name was Jane Ann Thomson, she was born in Longside in 1879. She married my Grandfather James Skelton in Old Macher Aberdeenshire in 1907. I have them on the 1901 & 1911 census living in Burnhaven. I can’t find a death certificate for her or my Grandfather. One of her children was born in 1911 and died in 1914. On the death certificate under my Grandmothers name it states she was deceased. Certificate signed by my Grandfather. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Ann Thomson born 1879 Longside
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 05 February 19 16:11 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat

There is an exact match for her age in 1914 but the RD was Plantation which was Glasgow area
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline izzycurran

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 February 19 16:20 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for replying. Unfortunately I have researched this family in Plantation and although the names match and the date of birth is correct they aren’t related to my Skeltons. Thank you anyway for your help. regards Izzy

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 February 19 20:41 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat from me too.

You have discounted the Skeltons in Plantation as suggested by CaroleW.

Could you possibly give us a little more information on the family you are trying to find.
What was the name of the child who died in 1914 and place of death? Names, dates and places of birth of other children born to Jane Ann and James Skilton.

This may help us, thanks.

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 February 19 22:58 GMT (UK) »
Suspect this is the child who died

Alice Skelton aged 2  1914 ref 232/ 1 104  Peterhead

Her name was Jane Ann Thomson,

1907 marriage shows her only as Jane

Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 06 February 19 00:01 GMT (UK) »
There is a Jane Skelton's death,also registered in Plantation, in 1914. Her age is shown as 35.
Regards,
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 06 February 19 00:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi flst - see replies 1 & 2 above - already found and discounted

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 06 February 19 01:11 GMT (UK) »
Carole, I did read about her discounting that child. There was no mention in the original post about the death of  Jane Skelton in 1914. I note in the 1901 census that Jane is living with her father at 25 Marischal Street, Peterhead. She has an illegitimate child, Bella, aged under one month, born 1901. She has another child, a son, registered as being born at that address in 1906.(He died 1974) James Skelton, the father, has given his address as 2 Low Street, Burnhaven. As James was a fireman (I am presuming with the railway) he could have travelled further afield.
flst 
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 06 February 19 01:17 GMT (UK) »
I have not looked at the images of the 1911 census but the index only shows James Skelton aged 26, & his 4 year old son together, in Peterhead. Could Jane have died between 1907 & 11? Izzycurran, you said you'd seen the 1911 census. Does your grandfather say he's a widower?

flst