Author Topic: Translation from Danish  (Read 212 times)

Offline Doddie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Translation from Danish
« on: Wednesday 06 March 19 10:40 GMT (UK) »
I am putting together a portfolio of my aunt's ceramic artworks. I have an article from a Danish newspaper (from 1992) in which she features. I have managed to translate most of the article by using what I think are some fiendishly clever apps. However, the start of the article does not seem to be translating well. I am hoping that somebody can help with an accurate translation of the relevant part. The underlined bit is what I am struggling with, the rest I have included simply to provide some context.

"TUSINDKUNST FOR EN TI'ER: Hvadenten man ynder sin kunst lille eller stor, stillestaende eller i bevaegelse sa har Multi Kunst 92' i Silkeborg Showroom nok noget, der passer."

I would be grateful for any assistance.

Regards

Doddie

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Translation from Danish
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 March 19 11:05 GMT (UK) »
My Danish wasn't up to it so I got help from Denmark:

A 'tusindkunstner' is a person/artist who can turn his hand to anything - a Jack of all trades - so:

"TUSINDKUNST FOR  A Dollar/Pound/Kroner:
Whether you like your art, great or small, stationary or moving, then Multi Kunst 92' in Silkeborg Showroom has something that suits."

A Ti'er is 10'er as in a coin - 10 Kroner.

Ian

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Doddie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 March 19 15:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ian, thank you for your prompt reply and the information itself - you are a gentleman and a scholar. I can now complete the translation and get the portfolio put together.

Regards

Doddie

Online jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 March 19 15:35 GMT (UK) »
Cheers Doddie.

Ian