Author Topic: DONALD MCKENZIE b 8 Feb 1836 Boularderie, Victoria County, Nova Scotia, Canada  (Read 1502 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: DONALD MCKENZIE b 8 Feb 1836 Boularderie, Victoria County, Nova Scotia, Canada
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 26 April 20 18:20 BST (UK) »
No prob - I was hoping you could find the suspected 1922 burial.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: DONALD MCKENZIE b 8 Feb 1836 Boularderie, Victoria County, Nova Scotia, Canada
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 26 April 20 18:23 BST (UK) »
No luck there, I'm afraid.
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 26 April 20 18:32 BST (UK) »
Come to think of it, don't think I found Alexanderina McKenzie in 1919 either.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 26 April 20 18:42 BST (UK) »
Nor did I....
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 27 April 20 22:58 BST (UK) »
Well, sometimes one needs to stand on one's head to find info  ;D. I think this might be the death of Lexy.

McKenzie, Mrs D (as on the record)
Date of death 12 Apr 1919
Age 83
Residence Dalhousie NS (this is where they were apparently living, if I remember correctly)
Married, housewife
Husband Donald McKenzie
Religion Presbyterian
Buried in Dalhousie Cemetery in Dalhousie NS

Record set District 10, River John, Pictou County

The original record is available to view for free at the Nova Scotia Historical Vital Statistics website.

Still no sign of a death record for Donald. I don't know if there is a contact link for the cemetery to check if Donald might be buried with her.

PB

Offline kiwicatz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mum, Vera Warren aged 7 at 32 Millais Rd Enfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 28 April 20 00:32 BST (UK) »
Well, sometimes one needs to stand on one's head to find info  ;D. I think this might be the death of Lexy.

McKenzie, Mrs D (as on the record)
Date of death 12 Apr 1919
Age 83
Residence Dalhousie NS (this is where they were apparently living, if I remember correctly)
Married, housewife
Husband Donald McKenzie
Religion Presbyterian
Buried in Dalhousie Cemetery in Dalhousie NS

Record set District 10, River John, Pictou County

The original record is available to view for free at the Nova Scotia Historical Vital Statistics website.

Still no sign of a death record for Donald. I don't know if there is a contact link for the cemetery to check if Donald might be buried with her.

PB

I am extremely happy with all this information especially the last bit as that confirms what I thought was Alexandrina's death.
I am so grateful for all this wonderful info and will keep going  till I connect with the relative that started me on this chase.
Best wishes from Down under
Janet Moon
Enfield/Edmonton: Warren Ridler Jenkins Card Stevens Shelton Tookey
Stourpaine Dorset: Ball Haine/Hain/Hayne, Ferrett New Light Roberts Coward Read others
Ontario, Canada: Wallace Blow Goodson
Tampa, Florida: Goodson
Michigan: Coleman, Goodson
Newport Mon: Hopes, Evans Haines Ball Harris
Louth/Sleaford: Goodson Cartwright Crosby Burkitt Pacey + others
Norfolk Palmer, Smith, Moore
Ross Shire: McKenzie Fraser McDonald McLennan
Ayrshire: Wallace Patrick Dickson