Author Topic: Hermes Delivery Problems  (Read 3018 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Hermes Delivery Problems
« on: Monday 01 June 20 10:49 BST (UK) »
I'm having trouble with a delivery from Lakeland, delivered by Hermes. 

On Friday, I had a message saying it would be delivered between 5 and 7 pm. Nothing, I went online and found that there was a message at 2.36 pm saying that it would be delivered 'tomorrow'. Nothing on Saturday. The tracker page is still showing the Friday message. I can't get any sense out of the Hermes site, apart from the on-line helper (Holly) that keeps repeating the same message!

I gather that they are supposed to make 3 delivery attempts so will wait until tomorrow to contact Lakeland. However, even if the parcel has gone astray and Lakeland send a replacement, will I get the same un-service  :-\

Gadget

Add - I gather that Hermes and Yodle Yodel are notorious!
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Crumblie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hermes Delivery Problems
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 June 20 11:09 BST (UK) »
I'm having trouble with a delivery from Lakeland, delivered by Hermes. 

On Friday, I had a message saying it would be delivered between 5 and 7 pm. Nothing, I went online and found that there was a message at 2.36 pm saying that it would be delivered 'tomorrow'. Nothing on Saturday. The tracker page is still showing the Friday message. I can't get any sense out of the Hermes site, apart from the on-line helper (Holly) that keeps repeating the same message!

I gather that they are supposed to make 3 delivery attempts so will wait until tomorrow to contact Lakeland. However, even if the parcel has gon astray and Lakeland send a replacement, will I get the same un-service  :-\

Gadget

Add - I gather that Hermes and Yodle are notorious!

Two weeks ago I was told that my delivery would be coming by Hermes, the following day there was a knock on the door and there was the courier. I told him that I had not received the message saying it was out for delivery so it was lucky I was in. About 10 minutes after he left I got the out for delivery message, two hours later I was notified of my timeslot even though it had been sat on my floor for a couple hours. It was another two hours and more before I had message saying it had been delivered. Having had problems with Hermes in the past I would not have ordered had I known it was being delivered by them

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 June 20 11:25 BST (UK) »
I must add that I have had excellent service from Waitrose, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Royal Mail PF, Amazon and Iceland.  It's just Hermes delivery that's the problem.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 June 20 12:13 BST (UK) »
Better than my frozen fish order - dispatched on Wednesday for next day delivery, arrived this morning, 4 days late and unsuitable for human consumption. The vendor is sending a replacement.
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 June 20 12:17 BST (UK) »
Hermes it seems have a pretty bad reputation.  I’m actually expecting a delivery from them, should arrive today; we’ll see.  If I’d known it was Hermes I’d have gone elsewhere.
Our village Facebook  page has almost daily posts, has anyone seen my parcel etc etc and it’s nearly always Hermes.  One person’s replacement conservatory door was left 50 yards from his house on the roadside verge. Another package despite having the correct address was left 3 miles away in a different village  ???
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 01 June 20 13:10 BST (UK) »

Well, it seems I have to eat my words, my package just arrived   :D. He rang the bell and knocked, put package on step, stood away and waited until I came to the door before leaving.  So a big thumbs up 👍
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline Kiltpin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stand and be Counted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 01 June 20 13:27 BST (UK) »
Maybe my experiences are out of the norm - I have never had any problem with Hermes.   

But then again, we know our local delivery driver personally. I drove him and his wife to the hospital for the delivery of their last child. 

Regards 

Chas
Whannell - Eaton - Jackson
India - Scotland - Australia

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 01 June 20 13:42 BST (UK) »
So that day you were the delivery-delivery driver. :)
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

Offline roopat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 01 June 20 14:16 BST (UK) »
I've been lucky with Hermes so far.

I've never been a fan of M&S online but a few weeks ago ordered flower bouquets (Fair trade roses, £25 - bargain) for my 3 daughters. I nominated a delivery day (free - in 2 cases I chose next day), on delivery day I received a message giving me a one hour delivery window, later a message saying it was on its way with 'Gary' or whoever, then a 'delivered' message & photo showing where it had been put just outside each door. As I'd given my daughters' phone numbers they also got delivery messages.

It was the best service I've ever had from anyone! And seeing their front doors it was a bit like being there myself which was lovely as I'm missing them a lot.

A bouquet for M&S!

Pat
King, Richardson, Hathaway, Sweeney, Young - Chelsea, London
Richardson - Rayne Essex
Steward, Hindry, Hewitt - Norfolk, North Walsham area