Author Topic: Peter and Eliza  (Read 758 times)

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Peter and Eliza
« on: Saturday 27 June 20 16:25 BST (UK) »
Good afternoon
I’m looking for a marriage between Peter Byrne and ELIZA Kelly and her death certificate presumedly from 1861 until the remarriage in 1867
I can find the connection  of Peter and Eliza through the birth of there  children between 1846 and 1861
Peter goes on to Marie Johnston in Dublin in 1867 and I can find the marriage for that and the birth of the daughter
prudence : or Prudentia in 1868 Peter is a widower 

Any ideas where I could look to find the marriage

Thank you

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Peter and Eliza
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 June 20 20:49 BST (UK) »
I see the 1867 marriage was RC so assuming Eliza Kelly was also RC.
There was no Civil Registration of marriages before 1864 for Roman Catholics and no registration of deaths or births at all so no death cert unless she died after 1864 (if registered), RC churches were not know for keeping burial registers.
Where was the first child baptised?

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 June 20 21:02 BST (UK) »
There are 15 In Dublin North and 37 in Dublin South possible deaths for Eliza between 1864 and 1867 but none have images yet.
Looking at the ages would reduce the number considerable.

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 28 June 20 07:36 BST (UK) »
Sinann
Thank you for the reply I was on babysitting duties last night for my granddaughter hence the late reply, they were all baptised at Saint James in dolphins barn,
No images yet

So I’m assuming that Peter and ELIZA may have got married there as well these are my three times great grandparents
I don’t know if I could write to Saint James to see if their records are available to the public.

This would have  been a poor family so they won’t be recorded anywhere such as griffins valuation.

Yes I can narrow it down with Eliza DOB For death records

I live in the UK hardly ever visit Dublin and I do I go to Mount Jerome  to see my grandparents graves, I need to do a bit more research into Saint James really

Have a good Sunday and thanks once again

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 28 June 20 08:00 BST (UK) »

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 28 June 20 08:32 BST (UK) »
Wow thank you so much
I need to sit down and think how I’m going to read them, they could hold so many clues for me

🙏🏻

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 28 June 20 10:19 BST (UK) »
Marriages usually happen in the bride's parish so the surrounding parishes may also need to be searched which you can reach via the map, assuming she was native to the city.
These records are transcribed on Ancestry and Find My Past and the church record of Irish Genealogy but errors creep into transcripts so trawling through the register is often the only way to ensure you haven't missed that records that matters.

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 28 June 20 11:02 BST (UK) »
Sinann
Thank you so much I don’t know For sure  I now think Peter might of been married three times someone called Jane Hughes keeps popping up I need to trawl through as you say
Thank you for all the wonderful advice

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 30 June 20 11:30 BST (UK) »
https://www.glasnevintrust.ie/genealogy/

Using the above Glasnevin index i done 4 separate searches using the address box
Eliza Byrne age 45 died 1866
I entered 14 into Address box and her name still registers
I entered Dolphin '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
I entered Barn''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
I entered Lane''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

so best to ring the desk at Glasnevin Trust and ask if it's a family grave also ask if there is a book image as this some times gives cause of death and next of kin or informant
it would cost you about 5 euro to get the book image which you can get online by opening an account with them for which you can get full details of the grave for 10 euro