Author Topic: Higgins / Burke Galway  (Read 3316 times)

Offline SsGn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Higgins / Burke Galway
« on: Sunday 04 April 21 10:33 BST (UK) »
Good Morning everyone Happy Easter!!
I have hit a brick wall with some research and hope someone can help.
Looking for the following births in Galway.
John  Katherine  and Christine all born around 1935 -1945. Their father was either a Michael or Patrick Higgins but cannot find any of these names recorded anywhere. I have no idea who the mother was ,but have DNA connections to the Burke family also and believe a John Higgins married a Anne Burke.  They have Bridget and Katherine and Mary  Can find the girls but not Michael or Patrick anywhere. Clonbur has been found as the area in Galway.
Hopefully someone has some knowledge of this family.
Thank you in advance

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Higgins / Burke Galway
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 April 21 11:34 BST (UK) »
Your message isn’t very clear.
You mention John, Katherine and Christine saying you can’t find any of them.
Then you say you can find Bridget, Katherine and Mary but not Michael and Patrick.
Are these two different families?

Family search has Irish BMDs.
There are these entries for Higgins/Burke. Christina is in Tuam but others Galway. Of course they might not be the same families.
https://www.rootschat.com/links/01qhu/
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 April 21 11:52 BST (UK) »
There is this marriage but it is much ( earlier than your time scale
John Higgins and Anne Burke 1913 Clonbur
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1913/09892/5594143.pdf

There are births for Mary, 1916; Catherine 1917; and Bridget, 1920 for this couple in Oughterard district on Irish genealogy https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/ which are perhaps the ones you refer to?

Births after 1920 are not online but you may find them on the Family Search site I referred to and you will be able to send for certificates.

Offline SsGn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 04 April 21 17:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Heywood,
I am looking for the birth of John  and his two sisters Christine and Katherine in Galway between 1935 and 1945. I thought originally from Information I had been given that the mothers surname Maiden name was Burke. However it now seems the grand mother's surname was Burke. So I do not know the mother or the father of the three siblings John  Katherine and Christine. Neither can I find a birth for John , Katherine, or Christine. They apparently moved from Clonbur to Meath then onto  England.
I have been given information that their father was either Michael Higgins or Patrick Higgins born around 1914 and these two brothers had sisters Mary, Bridget and Kate.  These were from Clonbur. I have found the birth of the three girls but nothing for Patrick or Michael. Their mother was called Anne Burke and she married John Higgins  in Oughterard in 1913 and live in Clonbur

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 04 April 21 18:25 BST (UK) »
Who moved to Kent? Which members of the family and when? Where those children born in Galway, Meath or Kent?

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 04 April 21 18:31 BST (UK) »
There is a published tree with the three girls - Higgins/Burke but no mention of any brothers.
Are you working from a published tree?

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 04 April 21 18:34 BST (UK) »
Might not people born 1935 - 1945 still be alive so shouldn't be named here? I am in this age group!!
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 04 April 21 18:45 BST (UK) »
Might not people born 1935 - 1945 still be alive so shouldn't be named here? I am in this age group!!
Oops - never thought of that. I am trying to work my way through the names  ::)

Marriage of Bridget - Clonbur
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1943/08787/5176198.pdf

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 04 April 21 18:46 BST (UK) »
I have been given information that their father was either Michael Higgins or Patrick Higgins born around 1914 and these two brothers had sisters Mary, Bridget and Kate.  These were from Clonbur. I have found the birth of the three girls but nothing for Patrick or Michael. Their mother was called Anne Burke and she married John Higgins  in Oughterard in 1913 and live in Clonbur

Only three girls born to the Higgins-Burke marriage between 1913 and 1920.
Mary 1916, Catherine 1917 and Bridget 1920.
https://www.rootschat.com/links/01qhw/

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo