Author Topic: help find missing child North Shields  (Read 6327 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: help find missing child North Shields
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 01 January 22 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Also ...
I still think the Edith Mary Johnson who married in 1899 could be a possibility for missing Edith.

The Edith Mary Cavanagh who died in 1926 aged 29 might have been born around 1897 or she might be first Edith with incorrectly transcribed age.

I think we can discount that one RTL, it looks likely that the Edith M Johnson on that marriage registration married Robert Edminson
1911 census
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XWMW-SJC

and the birth registrations for the children all give a MMN of Johnson

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 02 January 22 07:04 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Boo, yes I agree that we can now discount this one.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline OurAncestors

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 07 January 22 15:38 GMT (UK) »
I can access the burial records on microfilm at North Shields local studies and I have been able to find the 1907 entry:

Preston Cemetery, North Shields
Entry 207
Edith M Johnson
Female
5 years
Daughter of Andrew Johnson
Infirmary
6 Front Street
Burial 27 March 1907
Ceremony by J Wallace
Consecrated plot 9766
Chirton parish

It 100% does not say age 57.  Age very clear as 5.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/235431787/edith-m-johnson

I have now added this to Find A Grave too and if you are on there yourself I would be happy to transfer memorial to you.

Thank you so much!
Yes, this concurs with my record
"CON-F-9766
Edith Rebecca Johnson
Burial took place on 30th March 1903
Aged 56 years
Edith Johnson
Burial took place on 27th March 1907
Aged 57 years
Ann Riddle
Burial took place on 2nd January 1933
Aged 36 years
Grave space CON-F-9766 has not been purchased and no memorial has been erected."

A typo on the part of the admin end. This is the grave of at least 2 of my family, not sure if Ann Riddle is related or not as I cannit find a link.
I have already been to pay my respects bt if you would be so kind as to transfer the memorial to me, it will be in the family. I have now received the pdf certificates and it is very clear that this is the child who died after the fire, the coroner ruled as accidental. It still would have been devastating and had a profound psychological impact on the family.

Johnson, Coleman, Graham, Dixon, Thewlis

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 07 January 22 15:42 GMT (UK) »
You are very welcome  :) .. will transfer now ..

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 07 January 22 15:49 GMT (UK) »
There I have transferred all the Johnsons found in this family to you  :)

Offline OurAncestors

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 07 January 22 16:14 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Boo, I am always happy to help out when I can. :)  I agree it is so very sad when you come across such tragic deaths and see life cut short in ones so young.

I thought I might as well look up the entry for Edith Rebecca while I am here too.  I have also added this to Find A Grave:

Entry 1948
Edith Rebecca Johnson
Female
56 years
Widow
Place where death occurred: Mount Pleasant
Burial 30 March 1903
Ceremony by ( Mc L ..?) Curate of Holy Trinity
Consecrated plot 9766
Chirton Parish

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/235432056/edith-rebecca-johnson?createdMemorial=Yes

Edith Rebecca is my ancestor too, wife of Peter, a "master mariners wife" I think from Epping, Essex?  Thank you very much!

Offline OurAncestors

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 07 January 22 16:37 GMT (UK) »
Just a last bit more on family:

http://www.marriage-locator.co.uk/cgi-bin/ML_search.cgi?year=1866&qtr=2&vol=10b&page=342&search=search

Just to add further the North Shields local studies doesn't have microfilms for Holy Saviour but there is a volume which records Peter Johnson age 33 married here 22 May 1866 mariner of this parish;  Father: Christie Johnson - Master Mariner
Same date (obviously) for Edith Rebecca Charlton age 20; Father: Michael Charlton - Master Mariner.  Abode Tynemouth.

That is interesting I have seen Peter's  father being listed as Christie Johnson on other trees. Your evidence sounds very reliable. To be honest I am a little fuzzy when It comes to his parentage. I do have Edith Rebecca Charlton as his wife. On his census returns it says he was born in Randers Denmark. Somehow I have ended up with  all his father being
John Nielsen. Because he was born in Randers, Denmark, would his father have been Danish?  I do have a family legend from way back   about himthat he was a  Danish Sailor. The name Christie does tie in with some of the males in this family being called "Christian", as a given name. They recycled the name Andrew Peter and Edith too.

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 07 January 22 16:50 GMT (UK) »
Tyne and Wear Archives will have the original full entry for Holy Saviour marriage on microfim.  They aren't permitting public access to microfilms but if you wanted a full copy and because you have exact date I think they would supply it at cut rate - I think about £7 instead of usual basic research fee of £30.

Offline OurAncestors

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 07 January 22 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Tyne and Wear Archives will have the original full entry for Holy Saviour marriage on microfim.  They aren't permitting public access to microfilms but if you wanted a full copy and because you have exact date I think they would supply it at cut rate - I think about £7 instead of usual basic research fee of £30.

I will apply  for a paper certificate from North Tyneside Council. I now have everything I need to obtain it. It will clear  things up for sure. Thank you.