Author Topic: Who are Peter's Parents?  (Read 25047 times)

Offline LucasKernan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Genealogy Research since 2019
    • View Profile
Re: Who are Peter's Parents?
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 27 October 22 11:01 BST (UK) »
I looked at Peter and Jane's Marriage location called Dunboyne. It was a adjoining parish with Moyglare or Moylagh. I found out that Moylagh is Oldcastle, where I found many court records of a man called, Peter Kernan.
Kernan, Matys, Müller, Werner

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 27 October 22 22:53 BST (UK) »

I have contacted the Cementery Peter and his wife buried. In reply, they said:

I received your request for a picture of a headstone for Peter & Jane Kernan who are in grave L-75 #5.  There is no stone for them, but the owner of this grave is Mrs. ....  and she owns both grave #5 & #6.  Simon MaGee is in #6 so this picture shows his marker in #6 and next to it on the right is where Peter and Jane are buried.

Holy Sepulchre Cemetery

Catholic Cemeteries - Archdiocese of Newark

Mabye this could help? She also said that she is looking for information on the couple. I know that they moved from St. Lucy plot 36-5.

You didn't tell us that Jane, Peter's wife was buried there. You didn't tell us that Jane had/might have emigrated.

You or the woman who now owns the grave would have to work out if there's a relationship between Peter or a member of his family and the Magee family.

I left out the name of the grave owner because RootsChat doesn't allow names of living people on the Forum. You should remove her name and the name of the office manager from your post. Reproducing the entire content of a private email on the public Forum is a no-no in my opinion. You could have posted relevant parts and left out names of living people or summarised the content. 
Cowban

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 27 October 22 22:55 BST (UK) »
I looked at Peter and Jane's Marriage location called Dunboyne. It was a adjoining parish with Moyglare or Moylagh. I found out that Moylagh is Oldcastle, where I found many court records of a man called, Peter Kernan.

What records and what years?
Cowban

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 28 October 22 06:43 BST (UK) »
Maiden Stone,
I agree that the name of the  sender of the email should be removed. However Jane McGee, I would think, was the owner at the time.
 Maybe Lucas will tell us that from his research Jane McGee was Jane Kiernan. It would seem that Simon was her son.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XT8W-QHW
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 28 October 22 19:24 BST (UK) »

I agree that the name of the  sender of the email should be removed. However Jane McGee, I would think, was the owner at the time.
 Maybe Lucas will tell us that from his research Jane McGee was Jane Kiernan. It would seem that Simon was her son.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XT8W-QHW

Thanks for that information. I interpreted the email to mean that she is the present owner. I was confused by the present tense "is the owner".
Cowban

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Friday 28 October 22 21:47 BST (UK) »
What records and what years?

Here they are:

Ireland, Petty Sessions Court Registers, 1828-1912

August 12, 1878
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QKSY-HZFT

There are more but I think this is someone else becuase there is a record of him in 1883 in Ireland. He was living in the US at this point.

You'll need to look at them on Find My Past to find out which record collection each was from and the location for each entry and then decide which, if any, might be your Peter.
 Petty Sessions registers include a variety of records such as court appearances for minor offences and small debts and lists of people who bought dog licences.
RootsChat rules don't allow us to do look-ups from paid subscription sites.
If you find any that you think may be relevant, come back and tell us.
Cowban

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Friday 28 October 22 22:17 BST (UK) »
“There are more but I think this is someone else becuase there is a record of him in 1883 in Ireland. He was living in the US at this point.”

Do you mean that you think all of those you quote are someone else - not your Peter Kernan? As the list extends beyond 1880 to 1883, it seems unlikely that he is yours.
There is a death in 1884 for Peter Kernan, Oldcastle, which could be the one you have in your list.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LucasKernan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Genealogy Research since 2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 30 October 22 22:59 GMT (UK) »
I've looked at a couple of maps of ireland in the 1820s to the 1830s and found out that moyglagh is NOT OLDCASTLE. Also, I also contacted the New Jersey archives if they have any obituaries of Peter.  I think that this Peter Kernan in Oldcastle is not my Ancestor.
Kernan, Matys, Müller, Werner