Author Topic: Julius C Anderson 1935 Obit  (Read 648 times)

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Julius C Anderson 1935 Obit
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 01 November 23 10:58 GMT (UK) »
Possibly a transcription error somewhere?

https://coewebapps.edmonton.ca/cemeteries/

[Apparently you have to type the name again.  It removed the details when I did a copy and paste.]

I originally typed
Julius
Anders (to catch spelling variations)

Added:  Eileen, I didn’t mean to imply that you made the error.  Sorry if it came across that way.  :-\

Lisa, it didn't come across that way at all. I had just found the entry in 1935 as OP had mentioned.  :)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 01 November 23 13:47 GMT (UK) »
Canadian 1931 was 26 June 1931.

There were three other Mary Anderson deaths in 1931 but no details when.
Pity they don't include a birth date  :-\
Someone else might have discovered more info on them.

Mary Anderson Death Date   1931 Markerville, Alberta, Canada. (seems a fair distance away from Edmonton)

and

Mary Anderson - Death Date 1931 Battle River, Alberta, Canada. (seems a fair distance from Edmonton)

and

Mary Anderson - Death Date 14 Jan 1931 Irma, Alberta, Canada  (seems to be a fair distance from Edmonton)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 01 November 23 14:50 GMT (UK) »

Looking at the passenger list for Mary Brough i 1926 - she arrived in Canada with step-father William Brown aged 42 years - widowed. Two sons of William Brown - John Brown aged 20 years and James Brown aged 15 years - presumably step-siblings.  Have you traced the Brown family ?

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 01 November 23 15:25 GMT (UK) »
Brother BROWN JOHN  - mmn - BROUGH - 1906 - 428 / 11 - FALKLAND

BROWN JAMES BROUGH - mmn BROUGH - 1911 407 / 5 - AUCHTERTOOL

James Brough Brown born 1911 -

James Brough Brown - Death Date   2 Feb 1970 Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Edmonton Journal
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada 
Thu, 5 Feb 1970 Page 32

https://www.newspapers.com/article/edmonton-journal/134444161/

Sandra

Offline footiestuds

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 01 November 23 17:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra

Thank you for helping :)
I looked at the Mary A Anderson too - age is too old + as you have posted marriage isn't right.

Mary Anderson 14 Jan 1931 Irma, Alberta is a 9month old baby.

The other two (Markerville + Battle River) I agree are quite a distance from Edmonton + no relevant details I think without purchasing the record.
There are a few Mary Anderson deaths ranging from her marriage in 1927 to the 1931 census but they aren't easy to confirm

I've not traced the Brown family in Canada apart from their arrival in 1926.
William Brown married Janet Watt Brough in 1904 Kennoway Fife Scotland, had John + James together + brought up Mary the illegitimate child of Janet Watt Brough.
Janet died Feb 1924 + in March the same year Mary had a daughter named Janet Watt Brough who died 9 months later - William Brown was named informant (Grandfather)
I'm not sure but I think William Brown may have died later in 1926  :-\

I'll look into that side of the family as well as Julius' relatives- thank you for the records for James!

Deb

Lawton - Blackhall - Sharp - Haddow - Smith - Cunningham - Rowley - Treling

Online Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 01 November 23 17:43 GMT (UK) »

Looking at the passenger list for Mary Brough i 1926 - she arrived in Canada with step-father William Brown aged 42 years - widowed. Two sons of William Brown - John Brown aged 20 years and James Brown aged 15 years - presumably step-siblings.  Have you traced the Brown family ?

Sandra

:o

In the middle of the night, I came across a Mary B Anderson who I believe turned out to be Mary Brown Anderson.  I thought perhaps Brough could have somehow been mistaken for Brown so I stopped looking.  I will try to find those details.  I believe her death may have been in 1929, possibly a 45 minute drive from Calihoo (the details are muddled up as I was looking at several Mary Andersons).

Added:  there were two records with Brown, which is why I stopped looking.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 01 November 23 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Mary Brown Anderson
https://cemetery.canadagenweb.org/search-people/

Mary Brown Anderson, died 1929.  St Aidan's Glenreagh Cemetery, Alberta.  The cemetery is just north of Barrhead.

(The site may open with names already listed.  Just type Mary Anderson, death 1929, Alberta.  Her name will appear.)

Added: if the above is “your” marry, perhaps the Andersons lived there, family members were already interred in the cemetery, she passed away while in the area, she intentionally stayed with her family before her passing, etc.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 01 November 23 18:15 GMT (UK) »
Possibly a transcription error somewhere?

https://coewebapps.edmonton.ca/cemeteries/

[Apparently you have to type the name again.  It removed the details when I did a copy and paste.]

I originally typed
Julius
Anders (to catch spelling variations)

Added:  Eileen, I didn’t mean to imply that you made the error.  Sorry if it came across that way.  :-\

Lisa, it didn't come across that way at all. I had just found the entry in 1935 as OP had mentioned.  :)

Whew, glad to read your reply.  Years ago, while emailing with a friend, we each took things the wrong way when we were discussing something, which ended our friendship.  She never wanted to resume the friendship.  To this day, I’m still overly worried that I come across incorrectly which is why I tend to put happy faces with my text.  It’s sad how some things stick with you.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 01 November 23 18:21 GMT (UK) »
From Anc*try,
Alberta, Canada Death Index
M Brown Anderson
Died - 4 Sep 1929
Place of Death - Glenreagh, Alberta, Canada
Registration Number - 405-310