Author Topic: Marriage 1941  (Read 1983 times)

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage 1941
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 16 May 24 11:04 BST (UK) »
I think Theresa = Lily and for some reason made up her name and her father’s at the marriage.
But that’s why I think all the birth certs need to be seen to glean whatever clues you can from them.

It would be worth also contacting the owner of that other tree which has Theresa with another alias after she leaves Henry HIBBERT.  To see what family stories they have.

Per reply #56

Offline Gan Yam

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Going Home - exploring my past
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Friday 17 May 24 12:03 BST (UK) »
Morning mckha489.
I’ll think hard about any certificates, but I’m confused by the fact that if this couple are the parents of ‘Lily Woollas’, it can’t be the same person as Teresa Budlin who married Harry Hibbert in 1934, as their MC shows Teresa’s father as James William Budlin, fruiterer in Brackley.

Maybe there was some child/name swapping going on?

The information on certificates is only as good or true as the person giving the information wants to give. 

The children of Teresa and Harry are the siblings of your cousin, is there information that could be founded via him.

I think Theresa = Lily and for some reason made up her name and her father’s at the marriage.
But that’s why I think all the birth certs need to be seen to glean whatever clues you can from them.

It would be worth also contacting the owner of that other tree which has Theresa with another alias after she leaves Henry HIBBERT.  To see what family stories they have.

Per reply #56

Have to agree with you mckha489, that Lily = Teresa, so many coincidences and a birth certificate may provide some further information, as would trying to contact some of the other tree owners, both from the Hibbert and McKee/Burke trees. 

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline olives

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 19 May 24 22:02 BST (UK) »
I’ve now made contact with someone from the McKee family, so will see what emerges from there.

Unfortunately the siblings of the said Roy Hibbert are either deceased, have Alzheimer’s, or untraceable atm.

Offline olives

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday 21 May 24 13:55 BST (UK) »
Reply#11.  Ashtone

I’ve seen no other records for her since the 1942 article until 1946 when she was on the poll register at 214 Hainton Ave, Grimsby (the same address where Harry & Teresa were on the previous poll)

Edith then had son Stewart (Harry was the father) in December 1946. No more trace of the said Teresa Hibbert thereafter

Offline Ashtone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday 21 May 24 14:32 BST (UK) »
No more trace of the said Teresa Hibbert thereafter

Given her early life as Lily Woollis, perhaps she invented another name for herself after 1946.
She was obviously the mistress of reinvention!