Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 19th May 2024  (Read 1392 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 19th May 2024
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 May 24 10:53 BST (UK) »
Yes, I should have said Great Grandmother to be, again Viktoria- to be precise.  I did know that you have other Great Grandchildren.  How exciting that you will have another!

LM, How was the Tower of London?  I haven't been to London in ages.  That was one place we didn't get to visit. 
You must be feeling exhausted now; what with that and the doctors.  Are you looking forward to an early night? 

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 May 24 11:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks. folks, for the advice on liquid consumption.  I'm not a person who would normally drink a lot during the day, so it's quite difficult for me.  Yes, I can include tea, coffee, juice, etc., and my preferred drink so far has been water with a slice of lemon, though the inclusion of mint leaves is not bad.  Now if i could include a G & T, that would be good!  The other downside is, of course, the increased number of trips to the loo.....
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 14 May 24 11:19 BST (UK) »
Why don't you try filling a 2  litre bottle and just use that throughout the  day for for  coffee , tea or just plain water, that will give  you a good idea on your intake, you might be pleasantly surprised, just a thought!!
LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 14 May 24 11:39 BST (UK) »
I know someone who lugs around a great big marked bottle; I would not be keen on that though.  It would make it feel like a chore.  I hope you find an easy solution.

Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 14 May 24 12:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks. folks, for the advice on liquid consumption.  I'm not a person who would normally drink a lot during the day, so it's quite difficult for me.  Yes, I can include tea, coffee, juice, etc., and my preferred drink so far has been water with a slice of lemon, though the inclusion of mint leaves is not bad.  Now if i could include a G & T, that would be good!  The other downside is, of course, the increased number of trips to the loo.....

It doesn’t mean you have to take it al in liquid form. Celery, tomatoes, cucumber, oranges, grapefruit and melons all help to increase your water consumption, in fact watermelon is 90% water so particularly helpful.
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 14 May 24 14:49 BST (UK) »
I use a 2 litre water filter jug for measure.  I hadn't considered the water content of fruit, though.  We eat a lot of fruit, salads and veg, so that will help.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 15 May 24 22:42 BST (UK) »
I find it rather overwhelming having to drink a lot of water, I feel as if I am drowning!
Had Covid vaccination yesterday ,the nurse did it right at the top of my arm,on the rounded shoulder joint really - WOW - did it hurt!
Later in the evening I could not move my arm and such pain !
Had real difficulty getting undressed and washed for  bed ,no sleep at all and in the shower this morning real difficulty.
I was given a leaflet to read after the vaccination and told to read it all.
At home I did and to my consternation it can give you Myocarditis and Pericarditis, —- nice when you are in heart failure  ::)
I am sure it ought to be given intramuscular .

After many applications of Ibuprofin cream it is easing now, but the joint kept locking .

New medications after Heart clinic today, ,another full review in a few weeks.

After yesterday’s lovely weather today was grey,cold and wet.
Such a difference.

Off to garden centre tomorrow with number one son ,they are off on holiday when it is my birthday an early o present .
I need a new trellis for  clematis they gave me.

Well an early night ,I am shattered .
Hope everyone is alright.
Look after yourselves .
Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 16 May 24 07:33 BST (UK) »
Sorry to hear your  vaccination has affected ýou, both my husband and I had achey arms but nothing to much, I think these vaccinations   affect us differently, in a day or so you should be fine.

I need to get to a garden centre but with the weather as it has been, every other day a bit of sun I don't  want to put bedding plants out to soon,  normally the May Bank holiday coming up is the time I usually put them in, I have put in 8 fuchsias so far, just hoping they are OK.

Take care everyone

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 16 May 24 15:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks, yes my arm is much better, more easy movement and just a small ,still sore spot where the needle went in.
Don’t know if it was the Ibuprofin ,I have a lot of medication so did not want to take more by way of pain killers.
Got my new trellis,and managed to break the structure of the old trellis without damaging the clematis,which is not really high yet but full of fat buds.
A have some little plant clips which I can use to support it  and it should soon attach itself to the willow trellis.
A big Lupin and a Hollyhock also  for  a couple of empty spots.
Son and daughter in law off on holiday to Rhodes in a day or so and will be away for my birthday hence the early present .

A sunny morning but some afternoon showers but I got the washing dry .

Fish and chips for tea, so a nice lazy day really .

Feel quite a lot better already on the double strength medication , Entresto, (Sacubitril 49mg - Valsartin 51 mg).

Hope others not well are feeling better too.
Cheerio.
Viktoria.