Author Topic: Turnbull / Bonchesterbrige  (Read 27869 times)

Offline BrettMaximus

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Turnbull / Bonchesterbrige
« Reply #144 on: Saturday 13 February 21 04:14 GMT (UK) »
Dear Tim,

The family tree that was marked with an X came from my private collection.  It was marked by Aunt Cynthia because the family line did not continue.  There were no fruits from that branch.

Sincerely,

Mike

Maybe not quite sorted yet @MAJM as we still have Quantumleap777's (Mike's) comment above. And I would think that Mike is referring to his Aunt Cynthia who I would guess would be Cynthia Wierzbicka who authored the book "The Wilson Story" published in 1973. This would make Mike a cousin of Karola (Cynthia's daughter) who sent me the book in 2015 from New Zealand.

Mike, are you able to photograph the the tree from your private collection and share it here?

Thanks

Brett

Offline E.M. Wilson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: Saturday 13 February 21 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Tim,

You're welcome to send me a private message.

E.M. Wilson

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: Saturday 13 February 21 20:07 GMT (UK) »
Tim,

You're welcome to send me a private message.

E.M. Wilson

May I gently mention that the PM system at RChat does not have an option to include attachments. 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline TTLovesKwi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Californian
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: Saturday 13 February 21 20:48 GMT (UK) »
All,

Thanks for the help and guidance.  Now that the family tree mystery has been (mostly) resolved, I can now further investigate our family's roots.  I've reread the entire thread and there are several aspects that are intriguing.  I'm trying to educate myself on unfamiliar terms - e.g. "Cornet" - from it's usage I'm assuming a honor that is associated with a "ride out" or "common riding."   Must be similar to a Grand Marshal in a parade here in the States. 

I love the word "Ladylaw" - romantic images of a majestic Scottish manor come to mind, but Google says it is much more pedestrian than that.

I'm also fascinated by some of the more notable members of the extended Wilson family.  Maybe there's a discount on The Economist for family members?

I'll start work in earnest on mapping our lineage.  I know that it likely exists on Ancestry.com, but it will be fun to do the digging myself.  Although, I'll note, that the Wilson Family could have made things so much easier if they had had more variety in choosing names.  Couldn't they have named one of their offspring "Oscar" instead of using "Walter" yet one more time?

And if I do find myself heading to NSW for any reason, I will absolutely let folks down there know. 

I hope you all will indulge me if I do occasionally pop up with a question or three.

Tim

Offline BrettMaximus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: Sunday 14 February 21 10:58 GMT (UK) »
Dear Tim,

The family tree that was marked with an X came from my private collection.  It was marked by Aunt Cynthia because the family line did not continue.  There were no fruits from that branch.

Sincerely,

Mike

Maybe not quite sorted yet @MAJM as we still have Quantumleap777's (Mike's) comment above. And I would think that Mike is referring to his Aunt Cynthia who I would guess would be Cynthia Wierzbicka who authored the book "The Wilson Story" published in 1973. This would make Mike a cousin of Karola (Cynthia's daughter) who sent me the book in 2015 from New Zealand.

Mike, are you able to photograph the the tree from your private collection and share it here?

Thanks

Brett

Mike "Quantumleap777" claims that the family tree that was marked with an X came from his private collection.  It was marked by Aunt Cynthia...

Surely Mike is suggesting that Aunt Cynthia is Cynthia Wierzbicka (nee Wilson) who authored the book "The Wilson Story"??

Well I chatted to my relative "James Wilson" who is actually Cynthia Wierzbicka's nephew, and there are no Mike's or Michael's in the family.

What is interesting, is that the day that this thread was unlocked when TTLovesKwi (Tim) posted, Mike "Quantumleap777" joined RootsChat soon thereafter (On the same day).

It would appear that Mike "Quantumleap777" is not who he, or should I say "she", is purporting to be.

I think you'll can figure out who it is  ;D ;D ;D

See my chat with James (attached)

BW

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: Sunday 14 February 21 17:00 GMT (UK) »
You're making quantum leaps from Australia to Scotland out of thin air.
Hmmmm.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: Sunday 14 February 21 18:47 GMT (UK) »
 ;D

Hummmmm

Quantum leap  .... thin air ......

Would that be on a  Boeing 777  ?

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline BrettMaximus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: Monday 15 February 21 00:22 GMT (UK) »

You're making quantum leaps from Australia to Scotland out of thin air.
Hmmmm.

Nice Catch on that one @Forfarian and in that post at https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=12124.msg6632119#msg6632119 it discusses my GGG Grandfather from Hawick "Walter Wilson" 1798-1862 Cabinet Maker.

Attached, and I think I have shared this before, is a photo of said Walter Wilson compared to my grandfather Cecil Walter Wilson and my Father Brydon William Wilson. Notice the similarities?

Brett

Offline BrettMaximus

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: Monday 15 February 21 00:30 GMT (UK) »
;D

Hummmmm

Quantum leap  .... thin air ......

Would that be on a  Boeing 777  ?

JM