Author Topic: Messages, Replies and E-mails  (Read 218030 times)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Messages, Replies and E-mails
« Reply #81 on: Saturday 05 July 08 17:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Duchessanne

This (above) is your only post so far.

I wonder if you hit Preview instead of Post?

Try again & I wish you better luck this time - lots of people anxious to help you!

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline duchessanne

• RootsChat Extra
  • In the photo I am in the middle front row
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Sunday 06 July 08 15:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you I will try again

Duchessanne
Looking for any Bentleys from the Surrey/Sussex area
also looking for anyone who would have know a Edwin Francis Bentley who died in 1990 in Bideford he was a retired mason

Offline duchessanne

• RootsChat Extra
  • In the photo I am in the middle front row
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Monday 07 July 08 13:17 BST (UK) »
Many thanks to all of you in helping me to find some Bentley relatives. I will look in more details to your replies some look very positive. I am away for a few days but will ceratinly be in contact soon

Regards
Duchessanne
Looking for any Bentleys from the Surrey/Sussex area
also looking for anyone who would have know a Edwin Francis Bentley who died in 1990 in Bideford he was a retired mason

Offline sdholland

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Monday 07 July 08 14:47 BST (UK) »
I have a message that I wish to make a reply.  Am unable to find how to do this.  Please may I have some assistance.

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Monday 07 July 08 15:18 BST (UK) »
I have a message that I wish to make a reply.  Am unable to find how to do this.  Please may I have some assistance.

Hello sdholland,

Messages on boards offer a reply facility underneath the message ... click that button and make you reply then click the preview button ... if you're satisfied with the message click the post button.

Private Messages have quote, reply and delete buttons. If you use Quote the message you received will be shown in your reply but be careful to look for slash quote in brackets at the end of the message and start your reply below that otherwise your reply and the received message will appear together in the same block. If you start your message below slash quote in brackets the received message appears in its own block with your reply below it. If you don't want the received message quoted click the reply button. 

Christopher

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Monday 07 July 08 18:08 BST (UK) »

Further to Christopher's reply - if you're talking about Personal Messages, currently you need to have made 5 or more posts on the boards to use this facility.  This is a recent development to prevent spam.

Welcome and I hope you are enjoying Rootschat

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Saturday 02 August 08 06:53 BST (UK) »
I just tried to send a PM & got this message

PM could not be sent to 'xxxx xxxxxxx' due to the max. PM limit.

Is it a limit on my profile or the recipients ?

regards John
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Saturday 02 August 08 08:31 BST (UK) »
Hi John,

It's usually the recipient, although if you have a lot of PMs you can try deleting some and see if it still happens.

Most common cause is that the recipient is new and has no postings.  this automatically applies a "max. PM limit".

regards,
Bob

Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Lass

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Friday 08 August 08 22:01 BST (UK) »
Hi all!

I have just had the same issue with the pm system, returning a message telling me the pm can't be sent because of the max limit.

I'd just finished weeding out my pm box, so I don't think it's my end.  The pm is going to a new member, but I have previously sent them a pm here so I'm unsure as to why there's an issue.....

..... any ideas?

Lass x