Author Topic: Anne Brown  (Read 4662 times)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anne Brown
« on: Wednesday 10 October 07 23:33 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone hope that you are all well. Looking for the late Anne Brown who married a Robert Taylor on the 28/12/1807 at Turkdean. I don't have much information of her and family, where she came from etc. Any help or advice  would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Janet :-*

Offline ChasH

• My email is no longer working sorry
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The fool Monty
    • View Profile
Re: Anne Brown
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 October 07 15:19 BST (UK) »
I suppose you noticed that the entries for the Turkdean Ann Brown's marriage to Robert Taylor in the IGI are submitted and what's more there was another entry for  Ann Brown's marriage to Robert Taylor on the same day (!) in Westcote which is seven miles from Turkdean. 

A submitted entry in the IGI, like any unattributable information, must be regarded as hearsay by any serious researcher.

It may be that once upon a time the Turkdean or Westcote Ann Brown marriage was in the IGI as an extracted entry but was used up by an LDS member so subsequently deleted from its batch to become a submitted entry. BUT, there's no way of finding out if that happened!

The LDS have films of the marriage records of Turkdean so you may have to search them at your nearest LDS FHC.  The Turkdean marriage records are also to be found in Phillimore's Vol 14 pages 149 to 156.

Regards

Chas

My email is no longer working sorry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Bevstn:DAVIES:HIGGS:PERROT
Bisly:BROWN:COOK:CURTIS:DAVIS:FRANKLIN:GARDINER:GRIME:JEFFERIES:PEACEY:STEPHENS:WARREN
ChSod:HARDING:HIGGS
Colrne:GOLDEN
G Bad:DAVIES
Horsly:ADAMS:BAYLY:BIRD:COOK:EVANS:GAZARD:HILL:LEWIS:MATTHEWS:PRIDE:SKIRTON:TEAKLE:TURK:WALKLEY:YOUNG
K'St:BISHOP:PINEGAR
Marsh'd:BLAKE
Minch:HILL:MASON:PERRIN
N.Nib:PERROT:SHATFORD:WAYMAN:WOODWARD
N.Wrax:BLAKE

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 October 07 00:11 BST (UK) »
Hello Chas, thanks for replying to my message about Anne Brown I think that we have a Family Search organisation here, I will have a look. How do you search in Phillmores I find it hard to have success in this area. Have a great day.

Regards,
Janet :)

Offline ChasH

• My email is no longer working sorry
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The fool Monty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 17 October 07 08:04 BST (UK) »
How do you search in Phillmores I find it hard to have success in this area. Have a great day.

Regards,
Janet :)

Janet,

Good question - I wish I knew how ???

I found the Phillimore info. in the LDS library catalogue along with other info. 

You may find the procedure at  http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/FindingBatchNos.html useful in future searches.

You will also find your nearest LDS church via http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/FHC/frameset_fhc.asp?PAGE=library_fhc_find.asp  I think they all have family research rooms.  You'll find them very friendly and I've been visiting one for years and have never had my ear bent!

Regards

Chas
My email is no longer working sorry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Bevstn:DAVIES:HIGGS:PERROT
Bisly:BROWN:COOK:CURTIS:DAVIS:FRANKLIN:GARDINER:GRIME:JEFFERIES:PEACEY:STEPHENS:WARREN
ChSod:HARDING:HIGGS
Colrne:GOLDEN
G Bad:DAVIES
Horsly:ADAMS:BAYLY:BIRD:COOK:EVANS:GAZARD:HILL:LEWIS:MATTHEWS:PRIDE:SKIRTON:TEAKLE:TURK:WALKLEY:YOUNG
K'St:BISHOP:PINEGAR
Marsh'd:BLAKE
Minch:HILL:MASON:PERRIN
N.Nib:PERROT:SHATFORD:WAYMAN:WOODWARD
N.Wrax:BLAKE

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 17 October 07 08:30 BST (UK) »
Hello Chas, thanks for your help tried to find them today but they have moved further away will have another look.

Regards,
janet :-*

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 17 October 07 09:59 BST (UK) »
Janet

I'll have a look at the parish records for Turkdean and Westcote on my next visit to Gloucester RO, probably later this week.  Maybe we'll find the correct marriage from there.

Gillg
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 17 October 07 10:16 BST (UK) »
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 17 October 07 23:26 BST (UK) »
Hello gillg,toni, thanks to the both of you for helping me out I really appreciate the support and help Iam receiving on this message forum. Hope that you both have a safe day.

Janet ;)

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 18 October 07 09:09 BST (UK) »
sometimes the Phillimore index gves more details such as residnece and occupations and rarely witnesses but in this case they didn't.

Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive