Author Topic: Mysterious Birds - born Souldrop  (Read 7037 times)

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: Mysterious Birds - born Souldrop
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 23 February 08 12:48 GMT (UK) »
For an update for all you keen 'bird'watchers, here's what foxybird found out:

http://www.rootschat.com/links/02s5/

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline Rutlander

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 05 December 12 12:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm afraid I am new to Roots Chat, so here goes.  I'm researching my family history and I was looking for Annie Maria Zipfel and her mother Mary Bird who married Francis Zipfel.  I don't have a year for this marriage yet.  Annie Maria Zipfel married Robert Evans born Cardiff c1861, they had 4 children who were born in Oldham and their youngest daughter Annie was born in Huddersfield, 1908 ( I have her birth certificate).  I found  the rootschat conversation interesting in the year 2008, I know that the Mysterious Birds - Born Souldrop was a long time ago, but did you ever find out anything else about the Birds and the Zipfel families?  I hope you can help.

:) Thank you

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 05 December 12 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rutlander

Welcome to Rootschat!

"Afraid"?  No need to be afraid! "Some of us" occasionally sound like we may bite, but it's normally just indigestion.  :)

Ray
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline foxybird

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 05 December 12 18:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rutlander

Mary bird was my great great grandmother,she and Francis appear together in the 1871 and 1881 census records and she has his name on them,but the only marriage record I can find is for  Francis Zipfel in the 2qr of 1887.Anna Maria was born in 1869 and appears on the 1871 records with both of them.
Sorry i don't have a lot of info on the Zipfel side yet but I have rather a lot of names on the Birds side.
ireland-buckley,montgomery.yorks-kilner, sedgwick,collinwood france,broadbent,bentley, brook. lancs-hayes.beds-bird. wales-maddocks