Author Topic: Family of Samuel Cranch And Elizabeth nee Webb  (Read 18571 times)

Offline grannyjane

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Family of Samuel Cranch And Elizabeth nee Webb
« Reply #54 on: Friday 13 August 10 04:20 BST (UK) »
No I don't think Annie Muriel was in Carterton. I think she grew up in Devonport, Auckland, and after marrying lived on Great Barrier island until after WWII when the family moved to Leigh, north of Auckland. She died in 1963 and had 4 children.

Offline grannyjane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 13 August 10 04:21 BST (UK) »
Annie Muriel was the youngest daughter of Thomas Wakeham Cranch and Martha May Brown

Offline leiking

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Monday 31 January 11 06:26 GMT (UK) »
 :)Hi everyone, sorry taken so long to get back to you.  The mother who is said to have had a Cranch child to one of the Cranch men while they were living in Cambridge was a Caroline Holloway or Holloday.  The lady at the Cambridge museum when my sister and I visited it gave us that information.  As for my ggrandfather Thomas Norman Cranch commonly known as Norman, the newspaper article about him had my sister and I laughing our faces off.  Apparently he was a character - he took his ex-fiance to court to ask for the return of some gifts that he had given her.......in particular his father's trunk that he had supposingly lend to her......in turn his ex-fiance sued him for the money he had borrowed off her......in which he didn't repay when he promised he would...she explained in depth his behaviour.......demanding money off her and not showing up until he needed some more...then he would be lovey dovey..........when he wouldn't get his way resort to tantrums........threatening to kill himself...........a real dramatic person.  The Court room was filled with women laughing their heads off..........including the Judge himself.  It was so humorous, but so funny.  What's even funnier is our Granddad is so much like his father - hence father like son.  My whole family thought is was a hoot.........can't help but love them.  Bellbird how do I send you a copy of the will etc?  Also my Grandfather is Norman's only child that we know of.  His birth name was Bernard Royce Rowe (mother Alma Dulcie Rowe), he was adopted to the Butler family.  At first his name was Bernard Royce Butler, then in the 1970s he found out he was adopted and had his name changed by deed poll to Anthony John Butler - he just recently passed away on the 27 November 1910 just before his 90th birthday.  He has left a great legacy behind. He is not the child spoken about above - that child is another one......never no it may be Ggdad Norman's.......hopeful we find out....keep up the good work everyone - if I can help let me know....Until next time.....

Offline bellbird

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday 17 April 13 07:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Cranch Researcher  If you are still on line, I noticed while trying to find my way around (unsucessfully) around this new set up that you had comments about Maria Cranch.  I have been in contact with a member of her family in Auckland who has been looking into info re that family.  Maria'a father it appears was a Ships Captain and also had two sons, one who also was a sea captain and the  other went into business.  She became a teacher.  The man I'm in contact with is descended from the latter son.  If you haven't got this family info and would like it, maybe you still have my email address and let me know if you need the info and I'll email it to you.  Was trying to find out how to send a PM in this new system and have been unable to find out how to, earlier one only have to click on it on your profile to be able to send one.   Bellbird

Offline Cranch researcher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Thursday 18 April 13 11:23 BST (UK) »
Private email just sent to Bellbird.
Cranch - Devon; London; Anywhere.
Moore - Honiton, Dev.

Offline mb42

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 01 June 17 07:40 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth Ethel was my grandmother.  She had four children, (*)

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline Adele Pentony-Graham

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Thursday 01 June 17 10:05 BST (UK) »
am helping a contact in South Island for Cranch they were in Carterton.. so will email her thanks..

Offline mb42

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 03 June 17 00:49 BST (UK) »
Am grand daughter of Elizabeth Ethel Harrison.  Elizabeth had four children, (*)

As I am going overseas tomorrow, I won't be able to reply to anyone for six weeks.

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.

Offline billysbaby1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 09:01 BST (UK) »
Bellbird

It's Lei-Anne. I have found the siblings of my great grandfather Thomas Norman Cranch.

William Samuel John Cranch plus his wife Ada and their son Cecil are buried in the Pukerimu Lawn cemetery, Cambridge NZ.

Harold George Cranch and his wife Mary Gertrude are buried in Te Aroha cemetery NZ. Their only son John Joseph Cranch aka Jack passed away this year and is buried in Tirau cemetery. His wife (*) lives In Tirau and their kids are scattered over the Waikato plus Auckland.

Elizabeth Ethel Cranch/Harrison and her daughter Mabel Patricia Harrison (also known as Mabel Florence Rita or Mabel Rita Harrison) are buried in Te Aroha cemetery NZ. Frank Roland Harrison is buried in Otorohanga cemetery, Otorohanga NZ.

Lilly Myrtle Cranch, her husband William Bowring plus their son Bert is buried in Waihi Public cemetery, Waihi NZ. Their other son died young and is buried in the Old Morrinsville cemetery, Morrinsville NZ.

Ida Alma Cranch plus her husband Vivian Hazeldean Knight are buried in Hamilton Park cemetery also known as Newstead cemetery. Vivian is the descendant of John Knight soap maker of London...famous for John Knight's Castile soap. Their son Stanley is still living as far as I'm aware.

My sister and I will be visiting them and will take photos.

Hope this helps. :)

(*) Moderator Comment: