Author Topic: fryer  (Read 6232 times)

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: fryer
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 30 November 08 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Alexander had died by 1901 -as had his wife - that is probably why the cildren were living with their grandfather richard and Aunts

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline abd107951

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 30 November 08 20:20 GMT (UK) »
i am positve that mauds middle name was fryer, that came from my mother in law, if you can understand my thinking, i wondered if they had put alexander as her middle name after her father, and she took the name of adelade becuase of some reason whatever? i still think that looking at this birth certificate that i may have the wrong certificate as sarah jane has no link    glen
hughes, billingham,griffin, yarnall,yardley, gill, westwood,  rowley, staffordshire
billingham, bate, worton, westwood, cradley worcestershire,
shepherd, shepperd, lower sapey
fryer,schofield, bermondsey, manchester
ellis, bateman,mid glamorgan

Offline abd107951

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 30 November 08 20:26 GMT (UK) »
sorry i meant her middle name as adelade, i am sure that Richard Fryer was my mother in laws grandfather, this was passed down on my wifes side that they had relations on their mothers side about the railways, this is what got me interested in my wifes family history.   glen
hughes, billingham,griffin, yarnall,yardley, gill, westwood,  rowley, staffordshire

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 30 November 08 20:29 GMT (UK) »
I think you are getting a little muddled

Do you mean Maud's maiden name was fryer -not middle name???

I think you should start from scratch and work backwards - it seems you are just guessing Richard fryer is the correct line.

let us know what facts you have and we can work backwards from that.

You have Maud who you state was definately born 1892

Do you have a marriage cert or birth cert for her ?

Where does the adelaide come from???? Do you have that name on any documents -or is it just by word of mouth???

many worked on the railways -if you have no docmentation then your link to Richard is no more than guesswork

Suz

Suz

Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline Mum44

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 30 November 08 20:36 GMT (UK) »

Maud's father's name will appear on each of her marriage certificates;

Assuming that Alfred Bateman is your wife's direct ancestor, if you get that marriage certificate it will give us the handle to work with.   I know you said you don't have the date,   but we may be able to find it if you can tell us the year of birth of children of Maud and Alfred,  or just their oldest child.
Census information is Crown Copyright from TNA.
Titchfield, Hampshire: Reed,  Fielder, Cawte, Goddard.
Kent:  Float,  Cutbush. 
Wallasey, Cheshire: Carroll, Ledsham.
Liverpool : Horsfall, Prescott

Offline abd107951

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 30 November 08 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Maude Adelade chilcott, died on 10th dec 1971 in llanharren in the district of glamorgan, her first husband was named jones, her second Bateman, and her third chilcott, the information was from tony bateman in cardiff,  grandson of maud, he wrote to me about the fryer family about four years ago, i cannot trace where he lives at this moment    glen

Offline abd107951

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: fryer completed
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 30 November 08 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks suz for your help. It is frustrating my wifes dad died when she was ten, and i wish i could have asked her mother a bit more, but we always think that when they are gone, my wife knows very little, she moved on from the university of cardiff to move to England, and she has not been back many times, i guess i will have to try and acquire some more certificates again thank you very much for your help

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 30 November 08 21:11 GMT (UK) »
I have found the death reg

Maud adelaide Chilcott

born 1 oct 1892
death reg Dec qtr 1971
M Glamorgan
1d 723

with this date of birth- it seems the certificate you have may be the correct one -and Adelaide maud changed her name around!

Maud Alexander 's birth was registered mar qtr 1892 -which means she would have been approx 10/11 mths old when your maud was born

So I think it unlikely that your Maud is the granddaughter of richard fryer as shown in the 1901 census.

It is really essential you purchase one of the marriage certificates of maude - to see whether she had a father or not

it seems there has been a little bit of guesswork going on with this family line -and you really need to get it sorted out -as it is a lot of work down the pan if you have mistakenly followed the wrong line - especially if your contact has too

Suz

Offline Mum44

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 30 November 08 21:41 GMT (UK) »

Now - here's interesting  :D  :o 

Since you said that on the birth certificate you had Adelaide Maud's mother was Sarah Jane Fryer,  and since I can't find Adelaide/Maud and Sarah on the 1901 census,  I looked to see whether Sarah might have subsequently married.

Q1. 1897 St Olave Southwark,  Sarah Jane Fryer married,  and on the same page is Joseph Schofield.

On the same page as the marriage in 1922 for Maud A Fryer to David H Jones,  there is also an entry for David H Jones and Maud A Schofield   :o  :o  :o    I thought at the time it was a bit odd, because that page had 3 couples on, whereas there are normally only 2.

I still haven't managed to find them on 1901 in either England or Wales -  still looking.

However, the marriage certificate for Sarah and Joseph should provide Sarah's father's name  -   :o  and therefore, hopefully the correct Fryer line  ;)  :D
Census information is Crown Copyright from TNA.
Titchfield, Hampshire: Reed,  Fielder, Cawte, Goddard.
Kent:  Float,  Cutbush. 
Wallasey, Cheshire: Carroll, Ledsham.
Liverpool : Horsfall, Prescott