Author Topic: Janet Dunlop Missing Death Record  (Read 7729 times)

Offline Flickgirl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Janet Dunlop Missing Death Record
« Reply #9 on: Monday 13 July 09 13:00 BST (UK) »
Was Janet's mother's surname Stevenson?

Jamjar

Hi Jamjar,

Yes I presume it was Stevenson; it is down as Steven on SP.

Regards

Michelle
Leonard/Lennon/Lennan (Lanarkshire, Ireland, Australia) Kelly (Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire, Clackmannanshire) Campbell (Leith, Glasgow, New York, Australia) McMaster (Stirlingshire, Ireland) Cullen (Lanarkshire)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 13 July 09 13:04 BST (UK) »
No, that's not her either. Nor is the Janet Anderson one.  ???

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Flickgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 13 July 09 13:09 BST (UK) »
No, that's not her either. Nor is the Janet Anderson one.  ???

Jamjar

It is very puzzling!!  Could she have been put as deceased on her husband's death certificate when she wasn't?  It doesn't seem likely but I'm running out of ideas.  The only things that are certain is that she was alive on the 1851 census and she was alive when a witness at her son Adam's wedding to Mary Watt in Stewarton in 1856.  Most confusing.

Regards

Michelle
Leonard/Lennon/Lennan (Lanarkshire, Ireland, Australia) Kelly (Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire, Clackmannanshire) Campbell (Leith, Glasgow, New York, Australia) McMaster (Stirlingshire, Ireland) Cullen (Lanarkshire)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 13 July 09 13:13 BST (UK) »
It's not the Coylton death either  :-\

She didn't have a daughter Janet did she who could have been a witness at Adam's marriage?

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Flickgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 13 July 09 13:21 BST (UK) »
It's not the Coylton death either  :-\

She didn't have a daughter Janet did she who could have been a witness at Adam's marriage?

Monica

Hi Monica,

I haven't found a daughter Janet but, as you know with that time period, that's no guarantee there wasn't one!  You did get me thinking about other possible Janet Dunlops though as I hadn't considered the witness might not have been her and I think I have found Adam on the 1851 census working on a farm run by his grandmother Janet Dunlop (aged 72 on the census) - she was born Janet Miller and married Adam Dunlop in 1804 in Fenwick.  I wonder if she could have lived another 5 years and been the witness  ???  The plot thickens!

Regards

Michelle

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 13 July 09 13:27 BST (UK) »
Your other option is to check marriages for children to James and Janet between 1855-61 to see what they say about mother Janet.

Do you know when the other children married?

Monica

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 13 July 09 13:30 BST (UK) »
Could this be Granny, from SP:

1858   Janet Dunlop, other names LYLE (mother's maiden name) and MILLER, age 80 in FENWICK, AYR

Monica

Offline Flickgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 13 July 09 13:33 BST (UK) »
Your other option is to check marriages for children to James and Janet between 1855-61 to see what they say about mother Janet.

Do you know when the other children married?

Monica

Hi Monica,

No I haven't yet looked for any marriages of the other children as my initial interest was in Adam.  I will look and see what I can find for the others.  Thanks for your help.

Regards

Michelle

Offline Flickgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 13 July 09 13:36 BST (UK) »
Could this be Granny, from SP:

1858   Janet Dunlop, other names LYLE (mother's maiden name) and MILLER, age 80 in FENWICK, AYR

Monica

Hi Monica - that certainly could be her!!  I didn't know her mother's maiden name but her maiden name was Miller, she was born c.1779 and she is on the 1851 census living on a farm in Fenwick so it seems highly likely that is her.  In which case we now have two candidates to be the witness at Adam's wedding in 1856 meaning his mother Janet could have died prior to 1856 - hmmm that might mean I won't be able to find her death.

Regards

Michelle