Author Topic: Edwards, LLanarmon D.C. Denbighshire  (Read 34342 times)

Offline annun

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Edwards, LLanarmon D.C. Denbighshire
« Reply #36 on: Monday 30 August 10 15:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Aldeas and Gadget,you mentioned a wrexham connection with a shoe maker in an earlier posting.
      Edward Roberts & mrs Roberts ,Wrexham the birth of their daughter Jane Roberts 5-July-1723,
 and the marriage of Robert Edwards of Wrexham Parish to Jane Roberts of Wrexham parish on the 10-June-1747,this is on one entry in the L.D.S,records for Jane Roberts..Jane is 24ys old when she is married and i thought Robert was born earlier than c ,1743,in both family's the ages for marriage is late 20's early 30's, what do you reckon,it's something to work with,regards Annun

Offline annun

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 30 August 10 20:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Aldeas,the info you gave on Mary Daniel wife of Richard Hughes Ael Y Corryn,confirmed a connection ,her address prior to marriage,was Trebrys Llanrhaiadr Ym Mochnant,it looks as if they are buried in Llangollen,at Pen y Bryn Baptist Chapel ,Mary and Elisabeth were sisters.the
parish registers for Wrexham are 1757-1776 and 1789-1820. The records prior to 1757,are I'm informed by the Library service,they may have Bishops Transcript's at Rhuthin and they will be at Aberystwyth,..found Edwards death registration No .I shall try and locate where the graves are,I will look at the Robert and Llowarch Chapel info, cant recall when it was built,I do know that my Taid and his parents worshiped at Llowarch Chapel,and in Llanarmon village there was a Methodist and Calvinist Methodist Chapel,.Regards Annun

Offline Aldeas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 10:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Annun & Gadget

Is it possible the marriage of Robert Edwards and Jane Roberts 1747 Wrexham taken  from the IGI could have been  the parents of Robert Edwards c1743 .  The date of birth for Robert could have been later, say c1747.  I don't have the parish records for Wrexham but if you have the records can you tell if this Robert  and Jane  had any children, including a Robert.

I notice In the LLanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog parish records there is a marriage
19.8. 1742 between  Robert "Edmund"  and Jane Roberts of Tre'r Llan. Their children were ELizabeth 23.9.1742 parents Robert and Jane Roberts (LLowarch) and Edward 13.12.1743 Robert and Jane (abode not given). There is no mention of a "Robert" but do you think there is a link.

Regards Aldeas 

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 10:06 BST (UK) »
Hi both

I don't have the Wrexham registers but I know that  others who frequent the Denbighshire board do.

I think it might be best to put up a separate thread about them to get the widest coverage.

Roberts is perhaps as common in Denbighshire as Jones (which I know, having ample of both!)   and we are also moving back to patronymic times  :-\

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Aldeas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 10:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Gadget

Thanks for your reply.  I agree there are  so many  Edwards and Roberts  in Denbighshire which makes tracing so difficult.  I will do as you suggest.

Regards Aldeas

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 11:02 BST (UK) »
Hi again

I'm not sure if you have this because I might have missed it being mentioned with all the names being listed but I think that this is your Robert's burial:

Llanarmon DC April 23 1778 Robert Edwards. Abode -  Megain

No age given. I was looking for Jane's death to see if there was anything more on her but so far I've not found it

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 11:51 BST (UK) »
A  possible marriage in Montgomeryshire

21 Nov 1758 - Penant Melangell

Robert Edwards of Llandderfel and Jane Evans of Penant

I've not checked this up at all but I know that my Ellises came out of the Penllyn parishes of Merionethshire over the Berwyns into Llangynog, Montgomeryshire and then to Llansilin/Llanarmon

Gadget

Offline Aldeas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 21:41 BST (UK) »
Hello Gadget

I do have Roberts burial in 1778 but haven't been able to find the death of his his wife Jane.  I wonder if she remarried as Robert died  young.

The marriage at Penant Melangell to Jane Evans in 1758 seems a possibility but how would I go about checking?  I have looked on the IGI but this wasn't any help.   Other than Parish Records is there another source?

Many thanks for kind help.

Aldeas

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 31 August 10 21:47 BST (UK) »
No other source than parish records  :-\

I see that there was a Thomas (Jones ? - this from memory) of Llanrhaiadr YM  mentioned in the probate/admon for Robert's death and Robert was a yeoman. It might be worth checking up on this Thomas.

Are there any refs to Megain (variations) on the Nat Lib site?

Gadget