Author Topic: Looking for Michael McGovern Russagh  (Read 23764 times)

Offline isobel58

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Michael McGovern Russagh
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 15 December 10 11:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Emer

I got your email, thank you and sent a reply.  You are a STAR, where would I have been without all your hard work?

Thank you so much.

Isobel

Offline Pastmagic

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Levington House, Mullingar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 16 December 10 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Isobel,

Thanks for your PM

Glad you like the pictures of Lorenzo. He seems to have had a great feeling for family History! And pleased to hear you have been in touch with George in Argentina. I hope he can give you more info on Michael of Russaghs parents and grandparents.

Here is an old poscard of Rathowen village - no date, but I would guess c.1900...And an older one of Main St. Longford. Just to give a flavour of the time, as you have only been there for that one day as a child!

Offline isobel58

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 13 January 11 21:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone

Just to let you all know I have received emails from 3 people who are my realtives and they are all anxious to help me with my research.   Once I get details I will post them to help anyone else who might be researching this family.

I want to thank everyone for their amazing help I couldn't have done it without you.   Special thanks to Emer.

Watch this space.  Take care.

Isobel

Offline Pastmagic

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Levington House, Mullingar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 14 January 11 00:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Isobel,

Delighted to be of help. just a footnote - I sent off those press cuttings of Lorenzo McGovern to SILAS who passed them on to someone who is researching Lorenzo. There may well be a new research project on him, which may include his Rathowen connections and how he supported so many schools etc. in the area. We were lucky that he was so interested in his family!Feel free to pass them on to Jeorge in Argentina.

PM