Author Topic: Josephine McCabe / Josephine Reeves - Old Camden St, Rathmines & Ballyfermot  (Read 20213 times)

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Josephine McCabe / Josephine Reeves - Old Camden St, Rathmines & Ballyfermot
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 21:24 GMT (UK) »
No problem Shanew147
I have looked at a few possibilties that seem so far to link up but I will PM missingmccabe first when I have a sense of logic on what I have found

I did however on my search find
Female McCabe Dublin North Apr-Jun 1934 V2 P306 Mother McCabe
which looks like it could be promising
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Josephine McCabe / Josephine Reeves - Old Camden St, Rathmines & Ballyfermot
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 21:37 GMT (UK) »
I did however on my search find
Female McCabe Dublin North Apr-Jun 1934 V2 P306 Mother McCabe
which looks like it could be promising

very interesting... could the other McCann civil record be a complete red-herring then ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 21:54 GMT (UK) »
possibly but it is all very complex
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday 05 January 11 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Have just confirmed that female mccabe was born to a Mary of Westmoreland Street and is unrelated to missingmccabe's search
Further generations:

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Thursday 06 January 11 18:43 GMT (UK) »
Someone may be able to help with the civil records for some of these entries as I am struggling to find some: especially the marriage of Martin McCabe to Joanna ?? in 1900 approx as 11 years married on 1911 census.

Listed below background for search
Based on the information here to date on John REEVES as the adopted Dad this seems to be his family from the records
•   Baptism MARY Reeves to William Reeves and Margaret Kennedy in 1892 born Dec 1891
http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details/2fe19e1020926
•   Baptism JOHN Reeves to William Reeves and Margaret Kennedy in 1897
http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details/15c5951022423
•   This could possibly be his sponsor Joanna Reeves on the 1901 census
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Dublin/Trinity/Townsend_Street/1311672/
but more promising is this entry
(if Joanna was Reeves before she married you’d have a connection)
Please note that this is conjecture based on the fact she was living at 5.14 Hollyfield Buildings
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Rathmines___Rathgar_West/Hollyfield_Buildings/65909/
•   Reeves 1901 census
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Dublin/Fitzwilliam/McGee_s_Court/1307119/
•   Reeves 1911 census
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Fitzwilliam/McGee_s_Court/78695/
•   from this return we can see that William was born in Co. Tipperary in 1850 approx and that Margaret was born in England. Their eldest son was born in Co. Tipperary in 1885 approx and there is then a good possibility that they were married there in 1883 (married 28 years in 1911). They had 12 children of which 6 were living in 1911 but there are only four we are aware of; James, John, Kate and Mary.
Further generations:

Offline missingmccabe

• RootsChat Member
  • I thought I was the lone survivor..think again
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Friday 07 January 11 04:23 GMT (UK) »
This is amazing!  I have put in for my mother's birth cert.  As well I have asked for my grandmother's (elizabeth reeves) cert as well.  I am wondering where she was born and where her family came from?  I really think there is something more to her side.. I just spoke to a neighbor from my grandmother's street for the first time ever.. she knew very little on my family, but it was nice to catch up. 
Reeves, McCabe, Hogan

Offline corisande

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • grantonline.com cairogang.com irishbrigade.eu
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Friday 07 January 11 08:25 GMT (UK) »
Re the Reeves family. Odd thing there to me is that, as I understand it, they adopted two children, William and your mother.

But William's parents were married and also had another child who was also adopted, but not by the Reeves.

Is there any common thing to link Reeves to William's parents and Josephine's parents. And who adopted William's sister.
Grant in Tipperary
Piper in Tipperary
Blong in Leix
Watson in Offaly
Pugh in North Wales
Evans in North Wales
Proctor in Edinburgh
Steedman in Stirling

Offline missingmccabe

• RootsChat Member
  • I thought I was the lone survivor..think again
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Friday 07 January 11 13:36 GMT (UK) »
I just received this from a very reliable source who looked for me:  I cannot get over this!  The tragedy

She died on 15th July 1977 and was 87 years old when she died and was listed as a widow at the time. From that I worked backwards and located her birth certificate as Elizabeth Hogan , born in South Dublin in 1892. I then searched for the Marriage record of Elizabeth Hogan and John Reeves and discovered that they were married in 1929 in Dublin but Elizabeth was listed as a widow when she wed. I searched further back and found this previous marriage where she married a man named Butler in 1922 also in Dublin but believe it or not she was a widow for that marriage as well. I continued searching back and located her first marriage to John James Dodds in 1917, again in Dublin

I am saddened  but happy I have this information .. just need her birth parent names.. working on that now..
Reeves, McCabe, Hogan

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Friday 07 January 11 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth HOGAN married at least three times
to John James DODD in 1917
to Edward BUTLER in 1922
to John REEVES in 1929

Her father's name was James and is shown at different times as a gardener or labourer
Further generations: