Author Topic: hambridge family on there canal boat.  (Read 41859 times)

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: hambridge family on there canal boat.
« Reply #108 on: Sunday 28 October 18 14:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi I have shown you the birth registration of an Emma Walker b 1862 Banbury with mothers maiden name Jellyman, and the census returns for Emma in 1871 & 1881 in Banbury, why bring up an Emma with a middle initial "J" ?
Keyboard86
it's something I camed across on myheritage that's why I asked

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Sunday 28 October 18 14:16 GMT (UK) »
 :) Look I am getting lost with the possibilty of my findings that have already been supplied but not answered by you?

You have had two replies yesterday from polarbear and myself, that I feel you need to answer?
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Sunday 28 October 18 15:06 GMT (UK) »
The Curate has written the name down as HaNbridge with an N. Thomas and Emma did not sign their own names which means they likely could not read and may not have noticed how the name was written.

In my own family tree there are names that are spelled much more differently than what you are looking at here. After gathering much info from BMD certifcates, baptism and burial records, censuses, and other records for my ancestors, and their siblings too, I was able to confidently say I had the correct family.

It is up to you to do likewise and decide for yourself based on the evidence you collect. We cannot make that decision for you.

PB
my mum did say my nan Hannah Walker and my grandad Joseph Samuel Hambridge couldn't read or write so there for your right.

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Sunday 28 October 18 15:12 GMT (UK) »
:) So many people wanting answers on the Hambridge/Walker families, The parents from my findings of Thomas Hambridge 1857 were James Hambridge who married Frances/Fanny Brayne/Brain/Brains 1845 Banbury, the marriage of Thomas/Emma at present I cannot locate but Bertie b 1894 was with mothers name Walker.
Keyboard86

OK who was the Fred/Frederick Hambridge b c 1897/8 Braddel?? Buckinghamshire with Bertie/Bert/ Thomas/Emma and family in Nuneaton Warwickshire in 1911, where was he 1901?  he appears to marry March qtr 1920 Nuneaton a Florence M Hinsley and his death looks to be Dec qtr 1973 Nuneaton?
Keyboard86
u don't no the Fred in1897/8 but what I do no is my great grandfather William Hambridge and great nan Sarah Ann thampson had 3 sons william Hambridge and Bertie Hambridge and my grandad Joseph Samuel Hambridge and 2 girls Olivia and Evelyn Hambridge that's all I no

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Sunday 28 October 18 15:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi again, and maybe other than the previous reply, can you can reply to my previous question ref who was the mother of this Fred?

Thomas Hambridge 54 occ Boatman Master of Canal b Oxfordshire
Emma 49 b Oxfordshire
Thomas 23 occ Miner Bondsman b Smethwick
John 19 occ Miner Bondsman b Smethwick
Bert 17 occ Miner Bondsman b Oxfordshire
Fred 14 occ Boatman b Braddel, Buckinghamshire
Residing Nuneaton in 1911.
Keyboard86

This was the family I was asking about?
Keyboard86

EDIT and this looks to be William & Sarah Ann ( nee Thompson ) in 1911

The Canal Punch Bowl Wharf Nuneaton Vessel Civility & Endeavour

William Hambridge 28 occ Boatman Master of Canal Boat
Sarah Ann 28
Florence May 4 months
Evelyn H Thompson 4
Walter H Thompson 1

Birth registrations:-

Evelyn Humbridge Thompson March qtr 1907 Nuneaton No Mothers maiden name
Walter Hambidge Thompson June qtr 1909 Warwick No Mothers maiden name
Florence May Hambridge Dec qtr 1910 Rugby mmn Thompson

Did William & Sarah Ann move to Brentford, Middlesex, did Olive/ Olivia marry a Burlow and was their also a Wilfred Hambridge b 1920 Tamworth mmn Thompson?
The only Bertie Hambridge I could locate was b 1894 Banbury and his death was March qtr 1966 Nuneaton aged 71, so when was the Bertie born to William & Sarah Ann Thompson?
A William Hambridge b March qtr 1914 Daventry mmn Thompson seems to have died Sept qtr 1914 Rugby aged 0

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Sunday 04 November 18 18:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi again, I see you are back on, you were not aware of a birth of a Wilfred Hambridge b 24th January 1920 mmn Thompson, he died b 24th January 1920, in Kensington 1974,  he married a Lilian May Endean b 3rd May 1917 in St Austell 1945  and on at least 2 Electoral registers he is with:-

Evelyn T Hambridge
Lilian M Hambridge
Sarah Hambridge
Wilfred Hambridge
William Hambridge
At 29, Boston Park Road in  1947/1948 Brentford.
Did Evelyn die as a Spinster?
Keyboard86

PS Joseph Samuel Hambridge was buried 27th July 1992 aged 77, along with a Hannah 31st January 2001 aged 84 and Leonard Geo: Hambridge 20th June 1944 aged 3 months
At Ealing & Old Brentford Cemetery

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Sunday 04 November 18 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi will you firstly answer the content of the two replies I posted above, for example did Evelyn Hambridge die unmarried.
I am only trying to help you?
Keyboard86

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Sunday 04 November 18 19:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi will you firstly answer the content of the two replies I posted above, for example did Evelyn Hambridge die unmarried.
I am only trying to help you?
Keyboard86
hi I don't know if she died as a spinster or not I don't no anything other then what I have given to you

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Sunday 04 November 18 19:25 GMT (UK) »
OK I say Evelyn died a Spinster, you said earlier you knew your Aunt Evelyn, was she married?
Will you please reply about my posts re the 1911 the Wilfred who is on Electoral registers in Brentford, the burial of Joseph Samuel Hambridge 1992?
Please do not pick "bits" out of my findings, please answer whether you agree or disagree?
Keyboard86

PS the Evelyn Humbridge Thompson b March qtr 1907 No Mothers maiden name, died as Evelyn Hambridge b 2nd March 1907 June 1974 Brent?