Author Topic: need help please - QUINN MCCLEAN  (Read 4962 times)

Offline nikkita5680

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
need help please - QUINN MCCLEAN
« on: Monday 06 January 14 02:30 GMT (UK) »
i am trying to find out about two deaths in my family tree but no luck so far online if anyone can suggest as im not sure where  to look now first death is for mr ? treacy/tracey married my great gran catherine quinn im guessing from yr 1898/89 as she was born 1881 and she remarries in 1902 with widow on marriage cert so trying to see what happened first husband and cant find there marriage so no first name also catherine mcclean maiden name connor married joseph mcclean 1895 and on census 1901 hes a widow.if anyone can help me locate info id really appreciate it thanks.

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: need help please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 January 14 02:32 GMT (UK) »
Where??????????????   what census ????????????    ;)
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 January 14 02:39 GMT (UK) »
And also....

Any children of the TREACY/TRACEY marriage?
Where is Catherine  nee QUINN (new SURNAME?)  in 1901 and 1911?

Cheers :)
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 January 14 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Poster has put more details on other posts. Here's one-

thanks guys im going to go into gro and try get copy of that record prueM found from the cert i have it looks like fifty for both there ages but on 1911 census says catherine was 30 and william 45 and basically i just wanted to find who she was married to before william as cert says she was a widow and obviosly first huband was tracey and want to know what happened to him and hopefully get a better picture.. :D sorry for bombarding yiz but im puzzled  ???
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline nikkita5680

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 January 14 13:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi there was no children with tracey marriage and her new surname was otoole from 1902 marriage so cant find martiage for quinn/tracey or treacy and would like to find mr treacy death if anyone has any suggestions.thank you.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 06 January 14 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi there was no children with tracey marriage and her new surname was otoole from 1902 marriage so cant find martiage for quinn/tracey or treacy and would like to find mr treacy death if anyone has any suggestions.thank you.

Where have you looked for a marriage? just England? with those names Ireland or Scotland might be possibilities. If you'd like help with this you need to tell us exactly what you already know or have tried.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 06 January 14 14:31 GMT (UK) »
The query may be centred (at least in part) in Ireland, where a Catherine Tracey and a William O'Toole appear on the same page of marriages in Dublin South, Jun qtr 1902.

Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline nikkita5680

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 06 January 14 15:23 GMT (UK) »
I believe marriage to be in dublin between catherine quinn,and ? Treacy between 1898_1900 as i have found catherines second marriage in 1902 where she is widow and looking at 1911 census her age is 35 so she was born 1880/1881 if this is correct and her second husband is 45.ive checked lds for first marriage and looked up treacy deaths but its hard when dont no first name im wondering if he died at war and maybe not buried in ireland as went through deaths in old irish papers looking for tracey death with widow catherine also checked 1901 dublin census for catherine tracey/treacy but age doesnt match and not a widow ive looked through church records of ireland using catherines father john quinn (labourer)as additional search as found this on second marriage but nothing so far

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 06 January 14 15:25 GMT (UK) »
So it's Ireland we're looking at, is it, for all these events? Is that where Catherine and William were in 1911? Where was Catherine born?

We are all keen to help but we do need a clear starting point in terms of which country your people were in, on the basis of the facts you already know.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)