Author Topic: bone family  (Read 2936 times)

Offline lyndsey86

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
bone family
« on: Monday 24 February 14 19:56 GMT (UK) »
I have been researching this family. George Bone and Agnes Boyd, I do have  quite a lot of information, ie some certificates and census returns. I am looking for information of their children. Agnes born 1838, Wiston and Roberton, David 1828, George 1836, Henrietta 1833, James 1831, Margaret Campbell 1833, Susannah Alexander 1826 and William 1824. It would be much appreciated if someone could help.

Ann

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: bone family
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 00:11 GMT (UK) »
Have you checked later census entries for the sons to see whether they married?

Have you checked SP or FS for marriages for the girls (eg) FS has 2 x Agnes Bone marriages in Lanarkshire - 1860 and 1861

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk 

https://familysearch.org/search

1861 shows David married to an Agnes

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XTKC-V6X
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 08:18 GMT (UK) »
Think William Bone married Agnes Lawson 1847 , by the 1851 Census they had 2 children , George age 3 and Margaret age 1.

Can't see Alexander Bone on the 1851 Census.

David married Agnes Houston 1847(see CaroleW's post)

There seems to be another daughter Jane/Jean Bone age 10 on the 1851 Census.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VQ4Q-MQ8

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 08:47 GMT (UK) »
Ann, from other people's research that you would need to verify for accuracy:

Henrietta Nicol Bone b. 1833, m. Alexander Bannatyne on 11 June 1858 and d. 19 Feb, 1915 in Bells Wynd, Douglas, Lanarkshire.

William b. 1824, that Ev. mentioned who married Agnes Lawson, seems to have gone AWOL post 1862.

Apart from the son and daughter, William and Margaret, of William b.1824 who are living with paternal grandparents in 1871, two more grandchildren show with them. Tracing them may give you further info on who the Bone parent is (Agnes Boyd Bone, aged 4 maybe this entry https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FQSM-G4S and Henrietta Twaddle b. England aged 9).

Jane b. 1841 is showing as having married a James Douglas and in later years living in Edinburgh with her family.

Who is left for some info on: Susannah, James, Margaret I think.

Which line are you following to avoid people repeating something you may already have?

Monica  :)

Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 09:11 GMT (UK) »
Henrietta Twaddle b. England aged 9

I wonder if this is connected -
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XT1J-XHZ

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline lyndsey86

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 26 February 14 22:20 GMT (UK) »
I have been doing quite a bit of searching on the 1881 census and confirms a fair bit of the family. Also have looked at s/p website and have found Susan 1826, married William Muir and a Robert Twaddle, it is all coming together slowly. I will have a good look at all census's when I next visit Register House, thanks for your help. It is much appreciated.

Ann

Offline D-ab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 21 May 14 21:52 BST (UK) »
Hope this is of interest! From my research William Bone married Henrietta Nicol on 26 Jan 1798. Their gravestone is in the churchyard at Roberton but the sandstone inscription is becoming indistinct. Their son, George, married Agnes (Nancy) Boyd. The only one of George and Agnes's children I have researched is Jane who married James Douglas, a shoemaker who made ploughmen's boots in Roberton, and then moved to Edinburgh.  They had 10 children.  James died in 1895 and Jane in 1918.

Offline lyndsey86

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 21 May 14 22:56 BST (UK) »
I have Jane married to James Douglas 1867, Roberton, the children I have are Agnes 1867, Margaret 1870, Jessie 1871, Georgina 1872, Annie 1875, Elizabeth 1877 and Robert 1879. I have Jane born 1843 to George Bone and Agnes Boyd, she was the last 1 born to them and have 8 plus Jane, could it  be possible if they had a child between Agnes who was born 1838 then Jane 1843.

Ann

Offline D-ab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 22 May 14 21:36 BST (UK) »
Sorry, I don't have any more info about Jane Bone's siblings.  Her other three children were Grace, Jemima and William. William's dob was 24.11.1883, I don't have dates for the other two but info passed down had Grace as the eldest and Jemima as the 7th child, though this may be inaccurate. Annie's correct dob was 25.11.1874.