Author Topic: Richard Gibson married 1792 Selby- 1800 trade directory a Cooper Wren lane Selby  (Read 121438 times)

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Gibson married 1792 Selby- 1800 trade directory a Cooper Wren lane Selby
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday 24 August 16 00:26 BST (UK) »

FreeReg only showing one marriage ~ 27th Sept. 1756, so there could be a bond.

RE: Matthew Lofthouse occupation ~ On the baptism of Elizabeth 1800 ~ occupation is definitely FARMER.

The son Thomas baptized 1793 ~ that I would say is FARMER also
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Goughy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Gibson married 1792 Selby- 1800 trade directory a Cooper Wren lane Selby
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday 24 August 16 00:40 BST (UK) »
Just to clarify

Richards parentage (from baptism of son)

Father  Thomas Gibson of Newcastle
Mother Elixabeth (no parentage given for her so query her surname

Wife Eleanor (widow  Wainwright) was the daughter of Leonard Colbert  and Eleanor Lofthouse, Her grandfather was Mathew Lofthouse of Towton (Tanner).

Tanner is interesting

Mathew Lofthouse of Towton (Tanner)

Mark has Farmer

Richd son of Thos Gibson
of Newcastle, Farmer by
Elizth his wife. Elianor
dau of Leonard Colbert of
Selby, Woodman by
Elianor his wife, dau of
Matthew Lofthouse of
Towton[, Farmer Born 7th
Aug

Sorry I'm having a lapse and put Tanner it should be FARMER
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Interests:  Johnson/Knight/Talbot (Caunton/Maplebeck); Camm/Ramskar (Sheffield); Sarginson/King/Fletcher/Lowther (Howden); Silversides/Tomlinson (Riccall); Atkinson (Selby)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday 24 August 16 01:30 BST (UK) »
Just to clarify

Richards parentage (from baptism of son)

Father  Thomas Gibson of Newcastle
Mother Elixabeth (no parentage given for her so query her surname

Wife Eleanor (widow  Wainwright) was the daughter of Leonard Colbert  and Eleanor Lofthouse, Her grandfather was Mathew Lofthouse of Towton (Tanner).

Tanner is interesting

Mathew Lofthouse of Towton (Tanner)

Mark has Farmer

Richd son of Thos Gibson
of Newcastle, Farmer by
Elizth his wife. Elianor
dau of Leonard Colbert of
Selby, Woodman by
Elianor his wife, dau of
Matthew Lofthouse of
Towton[, Farmer Born 7th
Aug

Sorry I'm having a lapse and put Tanner it should be FARMER

Though it was to good to be true -Tanner would have set eyebrows twitching.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday 24 August 16 01:51 BST (UK) »

FreeReg only showing one marriage ~ 27th Sept. 1756, so there could be a bond.

RE: Matthew Lofthouse occupation ~ On the baptism of Elizabeth 1800 ~ occupation is definitely FARMER.

The son Thomas baptized 1793 ~ that I would say is FARMER also

I've got the bond allegation forms for John Hood X Elizabeth Gibson marriage 1779 All Saints Newcastle

946 unindexed Bond and Allegation I had to go through.

Now I have another 800 and odd pages 1756 to go through

Scream ArrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrH  ::) !!
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Goughy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday 24 August 16 02:13 BST (UK) »
Well done finding the Bond Dobby  :)  Fingers crossed for the baptism of Elizabeth.

Sterling job you're doing
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Interests:  Johnson/Knight/Talbot (Caunton/Maplebeck); Camm/Ramskar (Sheffield); Sarginson/King/Fletcher/Lowther (Howden); Silversides/Tomlinson (Riccall); Atkinson (Selby)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday 24 August 16 03:21 BST (UK) »
Bond and Allegation forms John Hood X Elizabeth Gibson 1779 Newcastle

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-6X8W-YKF?i=945&wc=M6KL-6MS%3A129234201%2C129234202%3Fcc%3D1675690&cc=1675690

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-6X8W-B8P?i=946&wc=M6KL-6MS%3A129234201%2C129234202%3Fcc%3D1675690&cc=1675690

This is only a mention based of why there seems only George Hood bapt 1786.

I've got a feeling Elizabeth Hood nee Gibson died after 1786 in Gateshead and John Hood married Ann Potts in Monkwearside 1793.

Cant find a marriage but John and Ann Hood started having baptisms in Monkwearmouth from 1794
and Ann daughter of John Hood and Ann Potts was baptized 18th Feb 1797 in  Monkwearmouth

Trouble is 1793 bishops transcripts are missing in Monkwearmouth and Bond allegation also missing 1793

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday 24 August 16 10:07 BST (UK) »
Bond and Allegation forms John Hood X Elizabeth Gibson 1779 Newcastle

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-6X8W-YKF?i=945&wc=M6KL-6MS%3A129234201%2C129234202%3Fcc%3D1675690&cc=1675690

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-6X8W-B8P?i=946&wc=M6KL-6MS%3A129234201%2C129234202%3Fcc%3D1675690&cc=1675690

I've got a feeling Elizabeth Hood nee Gibson died after 1786 in Gateshead and John Hood married Ann Potts in Monkwearside 1793.

Cant find a marriage but John and Ann Hood started having baptisms in Monkwearmouth from 1794
and Ann daughter of John Hood and Ann Potts was baptized 18th Feb 1797 in  Monkwearmouth

Trouble is 1793 bishops transcripts are missing in Monkwearmouth and Bond allegation also missing 1793

Wow! Thank you very much for the Marriage Intention and Bond. Take care to get your rest and refreshments.

Please note that these 'Descent' notes (re Richard Gibson, Cooper) are from the Transcriptions of the Selby Parish Registers, as film or images not yet seen.

A Descriptive and Historical Account of the Town and County of Newcastle Upon Tyne, including the Borough of Gateshead. Volume I. By E. Mackenzie, Author of ...

Found a John Hood; James Faddy; but no Burial date regarding a section in the book about burials at Ballast Hills, apparently a Dissenters (NC) cemetery.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=CPsVAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA413&lpg=PA413&dq=%22Town+and+County+of+Newcastle+upon+Tyne%22+%22John+Hood%22&source=bl&ots=ZSHcEtYxT6&sig=jDfEytLJDeCynxP2cHUunPmFV5c&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwicmt3JxtnOAhVrI8AKHSbXBJ0Q6AEIHjAB#v=onepage&q=%22Town%20and%20County%20of%20Newcastle%20upon%20Tyne%22%20%22John%20Hood%22&f=false

Uncertain if same John Hood.

Also here (taken from the book it seems) ...
http://www.tynesidesilentcities.com/page_ballasthills_burialground.htm

Already come across Hood / Faddy (page 7, Reply 55 of this thread) in Newcastle Journal, 22 September 1832.

In this town, in Pandon-bank, on the 13th inst., Mr Jas. Faddy, Jun. aged 30: and on the 19th inst. Mrs Hood, sister of the above.

Findagrave for Ballast Hills
has Eleanor Hood Robertson, death 1840 ['Hood' is in italics]

Free BMD has Eleanor Robertson, District - Newcastle upon Tyne.

Kind regards, Mark

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday 24 August 16 10:41 BST (UK) »
Yes ! I'll give my mind a rest off the Hood's for a while !

As I said earlier, a semi wild picture is forming that seems my fit.

John Hood being a mariner working away a lot-( John's Job links him as a mariner to ports like Wearmouth, Selby, London ports), -----if ? in this scenario mother Elizabeth Gibson (Hood) died just after this George Hood bapt 1786 in Gateshead-----This George now ! an infant loose ball as the saying goes, then he could have been brought up by and educated,  trade traing with Gibson's and if John Hood did remarry by 1794 to raise another family, George Hood would not be part of it as tied to his now established school/trade education started before John Hood remarried.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile