Author Topic: Richard Gibson married 1792 Selby- 1800 trade directory a Cooper Wren lane Selby  (Read 121446 times)

Offline WolfieSmith

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Gibson married 1792 Selby- 1800 trade directory a Cooper Wren lane Selby
« Reply #162 on: Tuesday 30 August 16 15:33 BST (UK) »
Skimmed through 18 pages so apologies if info already posted.

Baptism at Gosforth. 15 Jan 1769. Thomas Gibson, son of Thomas Gibson of Halls Gate.

Presumably a brother for Richard. BT's for Gosforth are patchy before 1769, might be earlier records on the original PR's.

Witnesses to the 1779 Gibson - Hood marriage are John Scott and Elisabeth Lambton.

Alan.
Northumberland - Smith, Willis,
Durham - Rogerson, Child
Cumberland - Irving, Hill
North Yorkshire - Layfield,
Ireland - Collins

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Gibson married 1792 Selby- 1800 trade directory a Cooper Wren lane Selby
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday 30 August 16 17:10 BST (UK) »

What a brilliant find WolfieSmith ;D
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: Tuesday 30 August 16 19:39 BST (UK) »
The big question !!!- is there an earlier baptism for Elizabeth Gibson to Thomas Gibson of Halls gate in Gosforth  ???
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday 30 August 16 19:53 BST (UK) »

Baptism at Gosforth. 15 Jan 1769. Thomas Gibson, son of Thomas Gibson of Halls Gate.

Presumably a brother for Richard. BT's for Gosforth are patchy before 1769, might be earlier records on the original PR's.

Witnesses to the 1779 Gibson - Hood marriage are John Scott and Elisabeth Lambton.

Alan.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-627S-4PH?i=5&wc=9K5S-JWG%3A13617901%2C21138401%2C14684702%3Fcc%3D1309819&cc=1309819
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday 30 August 16 19:59 BST (UK) »
The Gosforth Parish Registers need to be seen  :-\ to be sure of what we have for Elizabeth is correct.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday 30 August 16 20:16 BST (UK) »
The Gosforth Parish Registers need to be seen  :-\ to be sure of what we have for Elizabeth is correct.

I think there is a good chance as maybe  an (daughter named after mummy) Elizabeth Gibson bapt about 1762

quote Claire page 1  Reply #7 on: Saturday 20 August 16 16:26

Thomas Gibson married Elizabeth Brown 27 Sep 1756 Newcastle, St. Andrew

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday 31 August 16 00:01 BST (UK) »

Alan.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-627S-4PH?i=5&wc=9K5S-JWG%3A13617901%2C21138401%2C14684702%3Fcc%3D1309819&cc=1309819

Hello All

Thank you Alan for suggesting Gosforth and the Gibson baptism linked to Hall's Gate, it seems the BT images have a similar gap to the Newcastle All Saints images, so I need to check original Gosforth Parish Baptism Registers for Richard Gibson born circa 1766 and check for Elizabeth Gibson.

Basically my 4 X Times Gt. Grandfather George Hood of Selby (Married Selby in 1815, aged 28), took over a Cooper's business of Richard Gibson a Cooper of Selby, circa 1812. George Hood dies before the 1851 Census and no baptism for him at Selby and no known burial either.

Possible baptism for my George Hood, is a 1st October 1786 baptism at Gateshead for "Geo: S of John Hood" (but no other detailed Register, when I enquired at Durham R O). 

If Richard Gibson and Elizabeth Hood (nee Gibson) are brother and sister, it would make my George Hood of Selby, being baptised at Gateshead in 1786 a strong proposition, to link my George Hood to John and Elizabeth Hood (nee Gibson) of Newcastle.

Thank you dobfarm for the Gosforth link, regarding Thomas Gibson of Hall's Gate. 

Thank you all.

Regards Mark

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday 31 August 16 01:42 BST (UK) »
Dobfarm ~ I'm a bit confused

We already have an Elizabeth, hopefully  :-\

Elizabeth Gibson  daughter of Thomas Gibson  baptism   05 Aug 1759 ~ ALL SAINTS,NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE.

Had a bit of stomach lurcher before ~ I thought I would look for a George Hood with a variation or mistranscription of his surname ~ 'Hoad' or 'Head' were what came up.

In the Quaker monthly meeting at Scarborough in 1784 George HEAD son of Joseph and Hannah, witness at birth Mary HOOD ::)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday 31 August 16 06:10 BST (UK) »
Dobfarm ~ I'm a bit confused

We already have an Elizabeth, hopefully  :-\

Elizabeth Gibson  daughter of Thomas Gibson  baptism   05 Aug 1759 ~ ALL SAINTS,NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE.

Had a bit of stomach lurcher before ~ I thought I would look for a George Hood with a variation or mistranscription of his surname ~ 'Hoad' or 'Head' were what came up.

In the Quaker monthly meeting at Scarborough in 1784 George HEAD son of Joseph and Hannah, witness at birth Mary HOOD ::)

Hi Claire

Yes ! but we were working on All Saints Parish Newcastle with this Gibson children of Thomas  as brother and sister and this Elizabeth Gibson b 1759  brother Richard Gibson b 1762 not Richard Gibson of Selby who we now know was baptized 1769 in Gosforth

If we have eliminated Richard below b 1762 we have to eliminate the Elizabeth b 1759 at All Saints Newcastle aswell

Elizabeth Gibson  daughter of Thomas Gibson  baptism   05 Aug 1759     
ALL SAINTS,NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE,NORTHUMBERLAND,ENGLAND   

baptism of Richard Gibson at Newcastle All Saints: 6 June 1762, father Thomas
 (He is still there as this Elizabeth's brother Richard )