Author Topic: Richard Gibson married 1792 Selby- 1800 trade directory a Cooper Wren lane Selby  (Read 121454 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Gibson married 1792 Selby- 1800 trade directory a Cooper Wren lane Selby
« Reply #414 on: Monday 31 October 16 14:36 GMT (UK) »

I can't see a marriage of an Elizabeth Jackson to a John Hood.

It would be interesting if we could find the children of William Cook and Elizabeth Hood, and where they ended up. Children - Eleanor, Rosamund, William and Elizabeth.

Thanks to the other thread someone started I feel fairly sure Eleanor married as Ellen Cook in London to a George William Bentley. Her two sons were both given the middle name Hood and her daughter was a Elizabeth Rose Bentley who went on to marry a William Cotter, who ran his own business as a Flour Carman.

Hi

Thank you.

Found other Cook references here ...

Reply #24 ...
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=176379.24

From 1st post ...
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=22157.0

I had PM'd MarieC to see if she had any Parish Registers re Wm Cook to Elizabeth Hood, but she had not got the Parish Register.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=163102.0

My Grandmother Hood use to bang on about Thomas Cook the Travel Agent, but of course as a circa 5 year old I didn't take much notice and she could of been talking about a holiday!

Found Cook burial & baptisms here ...

Hello All

Children so far all Tynemouth, of the Elizabeth Hood = William Cook Marriage 24 Jan 1804 Tynemouth by Banns [Im 456, spinster not stated] :-

Burial 1804 (Birth/Bapt not listed Tynemouth)
Mary Cook of No Shields, Dau'r of Wm Cook, Trade Mar'r, Died Oct'r 21, Buried Oct 23, Age 2 W's. [Im 471]

Birth/Baptisms
1805 Eleanor Cook, 4 Sep / 25 Dec, 2 D'r of Wm Cook of No. Sh. Mar'r. N.[Native] of Suffolk by his W. Eliz'th Hood, N. Allsts P.[Parish] [Im 488]

1807 Rosamond Cook, 3 May / 27 May, 3 D'r of Wm Cook of No. Shields, Mar'r, N. of Lowstoff [sic] by his Wife Eliz.th Hood N. of Gateshead P. Allsaints. [Im 554]

1809/1810 Wm Cook, 18 Dec'r 1809 / 10 Jan, 1 Son of Wm Cook of No. Shields, Mariner, N. of Lowstoff by his W. Eliz'th Hood Nat. of Allsaints P. [Im 665]

1811 Eliz'th Cook, 14 Nov:r / 11 Dec, 3 D'r of Wm Cook of No. Sh. Mar.r, N. of Lowstoff by his W. Eliz:th Hood N. of Allsaints P. [Im 714]

Sadly no parentage for Elizabeth Hood, only that she was a Native of All Saints Parish, Newcastle upon Tyne.

I have not checked past 1811, but shall have to enquire if their Marriage entry in the Parish Register has detail about parentage of Elizabeth Hood.

Thank you, Mark

Carrying on from Bushinn1746 post,

Elizabeth Cook, wife of William Cook buried Christ Church, Tynemouth 9 Jul 1814 ages 33 years
Abode: North Shields.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ioy/

claire

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Gibson married 1792 Selby- 1800 trade directory a Cooper Wren lane Selby
« Reply #415 on: Monday 31 October 16 14:49 GMT (UK) »
When buried Elizabeth Cook was 33 years of age...

Ties in nicely with the baptism at Newcastle All Saints on 15 April 1781 Elizabeth HOOD daughter of John Hood, mariner.
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Goughy

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: Monday 31 October 16 14:58 GMT (UK) »

or to John Hood a mariner X Elizabeth Jackson marriage 1779 Newcastle (Tyne)

Where did this Marriage, John Hood, a Mariner to Elizabeth Jackson, come from?

Was there a John Hood = Elizabeth Jackson, marriage?

Regards Mark
[/quote]

I think Dobby means John Hood and Eliz GIBSON married 15 Dec 1779 Newcastle All Saints.  There was also a  John Hood marriage same year at All Saints  to a Mary Starling
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Interests:  Johnson/Knight/Talbot (Caunton/Maplebeck); Camm/Ramskar (Sheffield); Sarginson/King/Fletcher/Lowther (Howden); Silversides/Tomlinson (Riccall); Atkinson (Selby)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: Monday 31 October 16 15:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello All

Thanks Claire, Jomot and Goughy for recent posts.

Edited my last post re Cook baptisms, with some links to the other Eleanor Cook and William Cook to Elizabeth Hood references.

Baptism 1st July 1792, Tynemouth (Online B.T., Image 160)
John S of John Hood No Sh Mari'r

Thanks Mark

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: Monday 31 October 16 17:10 GMT (UK) »
I thought we'd ruled out the 1801 William Robertson / Eleanor Hood marriage?

17 Mar 1805 (born 29 Aug 1804) – All Saints – William Robertson 2nd s/o William Robertson Hairdresser by his wife Eleanor d/o Robert Hood, Smith of Paxton, Scotland
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: Monday 31 October 16 17:29 GMT (UK) »
I thought we'd ruled out the 1801 William Robertson / Eleanor Hood marriage?

17 Mar 1805 (born 29 Aug 1804) – All Saints – William Robertson 2nd s/o William Robertson Hairdresser by his wife Eleanor d/o Robert Hood, Smith of Paxton, Scotland

Hello Jomot

Thanks.

Oh dear, sorry, just found a note ...

Eleanor Hood married William Robertson 3 Aug 1801, All Saints.
Eleanor Hood - Father Robert Hood.

Image deleted.

Regards Mark

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: Monday 31 October 16 17:36 GMT (UK) »
You mean you don't remember everything off the top of your head?   Tut!  ;)

Also the 1792 John s/o John is transcribed on FS as s/o John & Mary, taken from the PR rather than the BT's:  https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J789-TSH

There was also a Robert Hood s/o John & Mary in 1797

MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: Monday 31 October 16 17:58 GMT (UK) »
You mean you don't remember everything off the top of your head?   Tut!  ;)

Also the 1792 John s/o John is transcribed on FS as s/o John & Mary, taken from the PR rather than the BT's:  https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J789-TSH

There was also a Robert Hood s/o John & Mary in 1797

Probably, the ladies in white coats could re-program my brain (switch off & switch on again)?

Regards Mark

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: Monday 31 October 16 19:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello All

If anyone gets forward to 1841 with any of these and you find a William Hood in the household in the 1841 Census, possibly with 'visitor' written in ...

It could be William Hood (Son of George and Sarah Hood) baptised Selby 17 May 1816 and currently missing at Selby in the 1841 Census.

Job to know, whether his age will be rounded down or not.

1841 'Missing' Census (searched under HO 107) ...
http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/results/r?_st=adv&_ep=missing&_cr1=HO%20107&_dss=range&_ro=any

Regards Mark