Author Topic: Richard Gibson married 1792 Selby- 1800 trade directory a Cooper Wren lane Selby  (Read 121415 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Gibson married 1792 Selby- 1800 trade directory a Cooper Wren lane Selby
« Reply #540 on: Saturday 05 August 17 21:55 BST (UK) »
Hello

In answer, I can't remember whether we traced Ann Gibson.

--------

Ballast Hills Nonconformist Dissenters Burial Ground, Newcastle

Regarding John Hood, the first search so far has only revealed John Hood a WATERMAN and we were looking for a John Hood, Mariner.

The NC Gravestone inscriptions were made in 1817 and it is not known how complete these were.

The Burial Place OF JOHN HOOD, & MARY his Wife. Here lies the Body of Beatrice Taylor, who died Jan'y 29th 1774, Aged 85 years.

HOOD Search of Ballast Hills, Newcastle - Non Conformist / Dissenters Burial Ground

So far the Hood search covers October 1811 to May 1836.

ROBERT HOOD, Innkeeper, of Windmill Hills, aged 57, buried 2 September 1812.

JANE HOOD, 14 January 1814, of Quay side, aged 2.

JOHN HOOD, 24 March 1815, of Sandgate, Waterman, aged 72.

ROBERT HOOD, 7 November 1815, of Quay side, aged 2 years 6m.

ISABELLA HOOD, of Quay side, 6 November 1817, aged 11d.

ROSANNA HOOD, of Pandon, 19 October 1828, aged 49.

JEMIMA HOOD, of Close, 9 June 1830, aged 10m.

SAMUEL HOOD, of Wind Mill Hills, 14 January 1833, aged 25.

STERLING HOOD, of Oakwellgate Lane GAT, 31 July 1834, aged 1.

BENJAMIN HOOD, of Wind Mill Hills, 3 November 1834, aged 24.

MARY HOOD, of Wind Mill Hills, 26 May 1836, aged 1m.
 --------

HOOD BURIALS SO FAR - OCTOBER 1811 TO MAY 1836.

Mark

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
Re: Richard Gibson married 1792 Selby- 1800 trade directory a Cooper Wren lane Selby
« Reply #541 on: Saturday 05 August 17 22:41 BST (UK) »
Slightly away from the topic but knowing a Hood of yours was in South Africa at some point before WW1

Robert Hood (above) of Windmill Hills. His son was Peter H (surgeon in London) . Well Peter's grandson Claude Wharton Hood was in Johannesburg c1908 and died in Cape Town 1938.
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: Saturday 05 August 17 22:43 BST (UK) »
Ballast Hills, Newcastle upon Tyne, Dissenters Headstones cont.

The Burial Place OF JOHN HOOD, & MARY his Wife. Here lies the Body of Beatrice Taylor, who died Jan'y 29th 1774, Aged 85 years.

This stone was Errected by Eleanor, Wife of John Scott, in Memory of her first Husband, James Waterston, who departed this Life October the 12th 1754, Aged 35 years. Also of their son, George Waterston, who departed this Life on board the Isis, of the Royal Navy, Feb'ry the 17th 1781, Aged 35 years, whose remains lie, in the East Indies.
Engag'd for His Country and King he did die, ...
Here lies the Body of Eleanor, Wife of the said John Scott, who departed this Life January the 31st 1787, Aged 64 years. Likewise of their Children, Elizabeth, and Isabella Waterstons, who died in Infancy.
And of their Daughter, Margaret Renos[?], who departed this Life June the 20th 1784, Aged 29 years.
Also George Hood, second Husband to the said Eleanor, who departed this Life October the 30th 1773 Aged 46 years. Likewise of their Children, Joshua, Caleb, and Elizabeth, who died in Infancy.

Table stone with 6 pillars
The Burial Place of Robert and Mary Hood, of Newcastle upon Tyne. Mary, Wife of Robert Hood, departed this Life August 2d 1804: Aged 46 years.
Mary Hood his second Wife, died the 25th December 1809, Aged 28 Years.
Robert Hood, ob't 29th August, 1812; AEt. 57. *

The Burial Place of James, Isabella Hood, Baker. Four of their Children died Viz. Alex'r Young Aged 14 Months. Jane Aged 3 Years 5 Months. Annabella Aged 6 Months. Robert James Aged 2 Years & 4 Months.

Mark

* ROBERT HOOD, Innkeeper, of Windmill Hills, aged 57, buried 2 September 1812. 

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: Saturday 05 August 17 22:47 BST (UK) »
Slightly away from the topic but knowing a Hood of yours was in South Africa at some point before WW1

Robert Hood (above) of Windmill Hills. His son was Peter H (surgeon in London) . Well Peter's grandson Claude Wharton Hood was in Johannesburg c1908 and died in Cape Town 1938.

Thanks Claire

I don't suppose you can get my two WW 1 Hoods:- living at the Claude Wharton HOOD South African or other residence, can you?

Mark

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: Saturday 05 August 17 22:56 BST (UK) »
The old Wesleyan Chapel at Burn near Selby maybe worth investigating one day. Near the Boy & Barrel Inn  :D

John Hood death/burial 1798 Richmond ?

one day.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: Saturday 05 August 17 23:01 BST (UK) »
I can't find any passenger list for Henry at all ( I have one electoral register for him in Australia with wife Jean)

John S Hood in the 1901 census was at home with his siblings and was a mechanical engineer by trade.

I think, I'm not certain but there may be two passenger lists for him to Africa. Both list him as an engineer, the last was in 1913.

The SAI was back in England by November 1915.

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: Saturday 05 August 17 23:09 BST (UK) »

RICHMOND burial

22 January 1798, John son of Ralph Hood

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: Sunday 06 August 17 00:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks dobfarm & Claire

That info about Wesleyan Chapel, Burn might be worth looking at, they've got some Registers tooked away for some of these places in the WYAS.

Regards Mark

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: Sunday 06 August 17 00:17 BST (UK) »

H G Hood a Clerk left for the Cape on 2 January 1904 from Southampton onboard the Galician.

The first record which could possibly be J S Hood an engineer is a record of him leaving 9 May 1903 from Southampton onboard the Saxon for Natal